No announcement yet.

Just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say go for it! My husband and I both have subscriptions to WoW. We have them now and had them all throughout our BK. We weren't able to declare it as an expense, but we didn't care.... it keeps us sane.

Neither one of us felt/feel guilty for spending the money. It is pretty much our only source of entertainment. We don't eat out (at sit down restaurants), go to the movies, or drink alcohol (outside of special occasions). Our meager $30/month WoW bill pales in comparison to what many people spend on the above mentioned entertainment. At an average of $1/day, we more than get our money's worth each month.

Having said that, like you, I get burned out as well after a few months. I can feel a burn out coming on right now. Most likely I will cancel my subscription once I get my DK to lvl 80 and find a new hobby for a while.

Comment

I have never played WoW.

I do play EVE Online though. I play less now than I used to. I pay by the year so I never stopped even during the bk as it had already been paid months before and wasn't due til months after my discharge.

At 15 dollars a month such a game is a reasonable entertainment alotment for a month. I don't go to the movies. Don't even have a TV at home. So for me EVE is my entertainment. (My other entertainment is playing old computer games or doing genealogy online.). My favorite computer game to play at least once a month is Star Wars Rebellion which is over 10 years old .
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Well, I'm as newbie as it gets. First reply and I have not yet filed. Really still coming to grips with the fact that I pretty much don't have a choice here...

In the meantime, I have eliminated as many expenses as I can but have kept one "sinful" expense: digital cable with HBO. We don't go out. We go to work and come home. We really have no other entertainment. It is pretty bleak to work hard all day and have NO entertainment. We eat cheap meals, we keep the heat down to 62 (brrr), but we watch good TV. With no entertainment at all, this would be just too depressing.

So I say go for it. But I'm as newbie as it gets...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X