Just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious

I gave up playing WoW a while ago, mostly to try to save money, but also I was getting burned out with it. It's been about 6 months since I suspended my subscription. Now that I've joined the 60 day club, do you think it would be okay for me to restart my subscription? Hubby and I haven't done much in the way of entertainment. The last thing we did fun wise was see Twilight when it came out last month, and that was on a gift card that I'd earned through survey points.

So..what do you all think? Stay away from WoW for a while or reactivate my account. It's $14.95/mo.
    sigpic
    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

My DH still plays, and we haven't filed yet, and honestly, he (we) have no intentions on him quitting playing. It is his entertainment, mine is pogo. Must have something to keep us from going crazy.

Comment

What is WoW???

Comment

Ditto - what the hec is Wow??? In any event - it doesn't sound so expensive. If it fits into your budget, sure. Have fun at whatever it is.
        Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
        341 July 1, 2008
        Discharged September 4, 2008
        Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Me too...what is WoW and Pogo? Is this something else I'm missing out on and can't afford??!!??

May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

WoW=World of Warcraft
            Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
            341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Over our heads View Post
              My DH still plays, and we haven't filed yet, and honestly, he (we) have no intentions on him quitting playing. It is his entertainment, mine is pogo. Must have something to keep us from going crazy.
              LOL, I understand. I play on Pogo. I was a bad girl and didn't finish the Phlinx badge last week, so I was sentenced to do the Canasta badge. Finished it in under an hour.

WoW is hubby's addiction. He quit playing Everquest because he found it to be a chore to continually level up. And WoW's interface is a lot easier. It was one of the many reasons I started playing. That and I like elves
              sigpic

Comment

Pogo= Alot of games you can play as a "Guest" (You get commercial breaks every so often) and there's jackpots to be won (Some are as high as $5,000

Or, play as a "Subscriber" and get a chance for more stuff (Like doubling the jackpot) plus other things (Like contests for subscribers only) and it's (Depending if there's a promo going on like now) $29.99 a year...Or monthly which is more expensive...

There's also Iwon.com (Which I think sucks) and some smaller game sites.

Comment

i guess im getting old, i never heard of this stuff...
                  "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Originally posted by Genenco View Post
                    Pogo= Alot of games you can play as a "Guest" (You get commercial breaks every so often) and there's jackpots to be won (Some are as high as $5,000

Or, play as a "Subscriber" and get a chance for more stuff (Like doubling the jackpot) plus other things (Like contests for subscribers only) and it's (Depending if there's a promo going on like now) $29.99 a year...Or monthly which is more expensive...

There's also Iwon.com (Which I think sucks) and some smaller game sites.
                    And I think they're still doing the promo where if you're an AOL member, you get the discounted subscriber rate. Hubby bought the yearly subscription for me several years ago, however, I find it hard to get on when he's busy playing cribbage or backgammon.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't bring myself to play WoW...it just isn't FFXI. And I just don't have the dedication or time (4 kids say whaaaa?!) to keep up.

Ironically enough, my cousin met a guy 2 years ago through WoW, and they just got engaged . Craziness.

Comment

I've never tried FFXI, though I have been tempted. I'm a huge fan of the FF franchise. I have however enjoyed GM Dave's plights with the FF online game.

I plan on waiting until my next paycheck to rejoin WoW as right now I'm waiting for my property tax check to clear. And I have no idea if I will be dragged out to an impromptu New Year's party. My co-workers tend to spring things on me at the last minute, if only to make me the designated driver (I'm not much of a drinker). I figure if they do, I'll go. I deserve a little time out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't tell my Trustee... but I bought an Xbox 360 for the kids. Have been playing it since 8AM!!!

HELP ME!!! (At least I took time out to check BKForum!)
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We are all bankrupt - not dead - we deserve some form of entertainment. We just went to the movies and saw Valkyrie.
                            Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                            341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                            Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Do not overkill yourself with budget and yes, we all need some kind of entertainment it is one way of treating yourself. Try getting it out of your system and you would go nuts. Not literally though but some do.

Give yourself credit mate. You deserve it, everybody does.

Have fun. Go WoW!
                              [links deleted by moderator]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X