Credit Score, When you filed and now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score, When you filed and now?

I filed yesterday, checked my credit score today and it's a 469. Was wondering what your scores were when you filed and how far out of BK you are now and what they're at now? Obviously none of the credit bureaus have seen the bk yet so I would expect to actually go up when I get discharged at least I would hope to be high 500s. Was wondering if that's realistic or not? I did do a search on this but couldn't find alot in one place.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Filed Ch 7: 12-31-08 in IL (Equifax) 469
    341: 2-13-09 --- Held and Concluded 538
    Discharge: 4-15-09 - 601 NOW
    I came, I went, I saw, I was discharged. Thank god for this board.

I filed on 10/21 and my TransUnion score was 683.

On 12/28 my TransUnion score was 707.

Our discharge date is scheduled for 1/29/09. Right around the corner now - hurry up!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Funny isin't it? Yes, your score (Depending how bad you were off) will actually go UP instead of further down...

I'm not too sure, I know my rating was 560 just as the shat hit the spinning blades, I suspect it's quite low now..Oh well, nowhere to go but up when I file

Comment

Not sure about my score right before I filed, but about a year ago my TU score was 541. There are more baddies on my report now since I had a car repo and a few other small unpaid medical/dental bills added since then. I checked TU the other day and it's 542. The BK is listed, but the balances still remain since it hasn't been discharged yet. I expect it to increase once the appx. $40k unsecured balances are removed. In 2010 a lot of my baddies are scheduled to fall off and I expect an increase then also.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Don't know what ours were when we filed in 4/02. In 4/06 when we went to refinance and buy out of our Chapter 13 early, our scores were in the 670's. They are now in the 790's just over two years since discharge.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

See my signature below...
            Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

I know that mine was around 490 before filing, but I haven't got a clue what it is now.

Have to say as well, I really don't care either.

However, I just completed my financial books for the end of the year, and my income was well over my expenses for the last three months! Much better than the first six months!

The moral of the story, try to stay concerned with what really counts!
              Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
              Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
              If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Never_Again View Post
                I know that mine was around 490 before filing, but I haven't got a clue what it is now.

Have to say as well, I really don't care either.

However, I just completed my financial books for the end of the year, and my income was well over my expenses for the last three months! Much better than the first six months!

The moral of the story, try to stay concerned with what really counts!
                Never, I completely agree with your statement, I'm not concerned with my credit scores to obtain credit fresh out of BK7, but I'm just asking in the overall scheme of things in a year or so where I would be if I choose to refi my house or something along those lines. Pending I take care of what I need to take care of first.
                Filed Ch 7: 12-31-08 in IL (Equifax) 469
                341: 2-13-09 --- Held and Concluded 538
                Discharge: 4-15-09 - 601 NOW
                I came, I went, I saw, I was discharged. Thank god for this board.

Comment

My mortgage broker with whom I have done business with for fifteen years, told me that more than likely, the credit score will rise in the first year. Especially, if you reaffirm a house, and have it reporting positive.

For a refi, you should be better off as well due to the fact that your debt to income ratio has just taken a huge swing for the better! Banks are actually doing underwriting again, and are looking at debt ratios, and income verification.

Continue to make good decisions, and you will do great!
                  Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                  Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                  If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Oops I had a typo. It was 531 a year ago and 532 last week.
                    Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                    341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                    Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                    Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Not sure what our's was before filing, pretty certain it was in the toilet. Now it's at 577. We had some credit inquiries in Jul (got auth from trustee to purchase a car) that smacked it down to 565, but has rebounded back to 577.
                      Filed CH13:10/14/05
                      341 Mtg: 12/5/05
                      Case Closed: 10/31/08; 11/28/08; 12/31/08 1/31/09 2/28/09 Finally 3/12/09
                      Discharge: 3/12/09 YEAH!!!!!

Comment

Not sure what mine was when I filed Ch 13 but 18 months later the score was 680. With the score and the on-time payments, I was able to purchase a townhouse and stop renting.

Comment

You can keep track of your FICO score free at creditkarma.com

P.S. I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, just thought I shared this link with you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X