Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make them stop!

Sorry vent post. Don't read if you don't have any pity for me. LOL

The calls are driving me nuts. They start at 8am and go up until 9pm. I have turned one ringer off. I don't think our other phones we can do that. I changed the ringer for the creditors. But now that tone drives me nuts!
    I was laying down today and dh gave me hell for not awnsering his calls. Well i was laying down and figured it was bill collectors anyway.
    We haven't filed so we haven't told them we are filing bk.
    I just want to awnser the phone and say LEAVE ME ALONE!

PS anyone else not getting the e-mails that you have replies?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
    Sorry vent post. Don't read if you don't have any pity for me. LOL

The calls are driving me nuts. They start at 8am and go up until 9pm. I have turned one ringer off. I don't think our other phones we can do that. I changed the ringer for the creditors. But now that tone drives me nuts!
    I was laying down today and dh gave me hell for not awnsering his calls. Well i was laying down and figured it was bill collectors anyway.
    We haven't filed so we haven't told them we are filing bk.
    I just want to awnser the phone and say LEAVE ME ALONE!

PS anyone else not getting the e-mails that you have replies?
    We changed our number...it's great now!

Comment

ooma system

If you have DSL, for $200, you can buy an OOMA Vop phone system. it allows you to disconnect your regular phone service, and your service will now come over your DSL connection. what's great about it is you no longer pay ATT or whoever for local service. mine now just costs $25 a month for the DSL connection. a great benefit is you can program it to only receive specific phone numbers you wish to receive. any other calls go directly to VM and the ringer can be set to silent for those numbers. it also send you an e-mail, anytime someone leaves a VM, and you can play it from your computer. i put in this system in anticipation of my day soon to come when I stop paying, and file.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I hear you on the calls. They drove my wife and I nuts. It got to the point that I knew what order the creditors would call in. Citi was 8:00AM on the nose, Chase was next, and then BOA. Capital One only called at nights. They would call the home number and then my cell. I answered a call from each now and again. The accounts are all charged off and with collection agencies now. I just give them the contact info for my attorney and tell them I'm filing soon. That usually stops them for a few weeks until another CA picks up where the old one left off.

It's good to answer once in a while so they don't start calling the neighbors or relatives. That's not a fun time.

Hang in there...

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
          If you have DSL, for $200, you can buy an OOMA Vop phone system. it allows you to disconnect your regular phone service, and your service will now come over your DSL connection. what's great about it is you no longer pay ATT or whoever for local service. mine now just costs $25 a month for the DSL connection. a great benefit is you can program it to only receive specific phone numbers you wish to receive. any other calls go directly to VM and the ringer can be set to silent for those numbers. it also send you an e-mail, anytime someone leaves a VM, and you can play it from your computer. i put in this system in anticipation of my day soon to come when I stop paying, and file.
          There are several things you can do. You can write each creditor to stop and they must.

IF you have always on high speed Internet, the best buy on Earth is MagicJack. $39 for the first year covering your "Jack" and $20 a YEAR after this. I mean the damn thing works and you have caller ID, voice mail, software with phone book, free 411 and all over US and Canada long distance, you may pick the state, the area code and exchange, and it is portable to a laptop on vacation with a WIFI motel.

All you do is get a little widget with a phone connection, and USB plug. You plug it in, the widget goes to a website, downloads a setup routine, fixes itself to your account and within five minutes you have dial tone. If computer is off, voicemail come when computer goes on. It truly is the best money saver I have ever seen and no this is not a paid advertisement for it. Like Angelfoodministries.com, this is a real money saver. Check the website. i have two. Their customoer service is outstanding and 24 X7. 'Hub (I get no fee for bragging their product).
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            There are several things you can do. You can write each creditor to stop and they must.

IF you have always on high speed Internet, the best buy on Earth is MagicJack. $39 for the first year covering your "Jack" and $20 a YEAR after this. I mean the damn thing works and you have caller ID, voice mail, software with phone book, free 411 and all over US and Canada long distance, you may pick the state, the area code and exchange, and it is portable to a laptop on vacation with a WIFI motel.

All you do is get a little widget with a phone connection, and USB plug. You plug it in, the widget goes to a website, downloads a setup routine, fixes itself to your account and within five minutes you have dial tone. If computer is off, voicemail come when computer goes on. It truly is the best money saver I have ever seen and no this is not a paid advertisement for it. Like Angelfoodministries.com, this is a real money saver. Check the website. i have two. Their customoer service is outstanding and 24 X7. 'Hub (I get no fee for bragging their product).

Thanks I will look into it!
            FILED CH7: 03/20/09
            341: May 11th, 2009
            DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Now if my neighbor owed me money and I started calling them 10 times a day, they would have me charged with telephone harassment I would think. So why are the debt collectors allowed to make multiple calls. It just doesn't seem right.

D...

Comment

I understand and its maddening for sure. Can you put your ringer on silent? I've done that on my cell and my work phone. I couldnt stand it anymore. I did get an interesting message today from Advanta..This really nice man who claims to be a "Senior Portfolio Manager" that has my file on his desk.lol..Like that is supposed to impress me?? NOT!! Anyway this long message states that he need a few minutes of my time because hes impowered to help me and lower my interest rate to 0 and give me a payment plan or settle blablbablbabla....This message was about 5 min. long and I owe this guys a whopping $500.00....Go figure.

Comment

The phone calls can be awful as you are finding out. Take your phone off the hook when you are home and if you have family or others who call you, give them a time to call you and put the phone back on (hopefully you have caller ID). Or if you have a cell tell them to call you on your cell phone. When you retain your attorney put the phone back on the hook and answer the calls and give them that information and that you are preparing to file. Keep a notebook by the phone and note each creditor that calls, date and time, name of person calling for the creditor and that you informed that creditor that you retained an attorney. Calls usually slow for a while after that but may again increase if you do not file within several weeks. If they call again advise them (from your notebook) that you have already given them your attorney's contact information for them to call. Once you provide them with your Case Number when you actually file, the calls basically stop and maybe a few come through that may not have yet received filing paperwork.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Unplug the other phones from the wall.

I'd turn down the one ringer and get an answering machine. Make sure your message clearly identifies you. Then let it pick up. Clean it up once a day and return calls of friends and family.

I didn't hardly answer my phone for over a year.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

unplug the phones. Focus on discussions between you and your lawyer and your paperwork. The creditors are just doing their jobs and will not stop.
                      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
                      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
                      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

I know what you mean. I had family visiting me for the holidays and the creditors just kept calling, this was so embarassing. Now they know Im not paying my bills.
                        Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
                        341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
                        Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X