$6000 Tax Refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
    6k refund? You want to declare bankruptcy? I'm gonna keep quiet on this one.
    Why keep quiet, spill the beans and tell us all something we don't know ??

One could write an novel on the various reasons why people receive large tax refunds or any size refund at all. There is a whole mess of people who don't have any income at all yet they still get money back come tax time. Many, many reasons and I am just curious as why you want to keep quiet if you can enlighten us all ??

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
      6k refund? You want to declare bankruptcy? I'm gonna keep quiet on this one.

Last year I got a $1K refund AND a bonus where I took home almost $5K.

You know how long that lasted? 1 week. I used it to get my utility bills caught up, buy my son glasses, get contacts for myself, got some needed spring/summer clothes for my kids as well as stocked up on items that would last through the summer (the time that my childcare costs the most). The only splurge I did was to buy a family membership to the Bronx Zoo so I can take the kids on day trips as I couldn't afford a real vacation and set aside $500 for Christmas. I ended up having to cash in the $500 CD so that I can make my car payment that summer.

I am filing for bankruptcy on Monday because I am getting a bonus again this year and while my attorney doesn't think it will be a problem, she wants to file before I get it to be safe. Not as much as last year, but it is a lot.

And it is already spent, along with my $2K tax refund (which I will get in March and is exempt). Childcare is very expensive where I live and the babysitter who I used that didn't cost as much is not available this summer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X