X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by commonman2
    permanate

Freedom is not free.
    For the record it is permanent, and while freedom might not be free, a dictionary is. I may not spell it all right all the time, but if I was going to try and chastise someone, I might take a little more time to be accurate.

Mellydan,

We paid our lawyer retainer in September of 08, and quit paying that month. When the calls started coming in, we just handed them off right then. We won't file until we get our tax refund, at that will probably put us at the end of Feb. beginning of March.
    No one has sued us, a few have been sent to collections. We are looking to discharge about 75k worth of cc, med bills, and a small loan.

Hang in there, it will all work out right.

Comment

Thanks to everyone but commonman for the encouragement. I am new to forums and only posted after several weeks of reading and seeing that MOST people were encouraging and that you were able to be honest about your situation without anyone judging you. I cannot possibly explain my 33 years of life in several short paragraphs, or convey anything about my situation other than the bare bones financial facts. If that leads it to look like I am taking advantage of bankruptcy I assure you that is NOT the case. Maybe I didn't explain myself well. I wasn't trying to emphasize my sob story, only giving the basic facts. But if a few short paragraphs is not truly enough to really sum up my life, or the circumstances that have led me here, then it's also not enough to judge me on. Thank God I DON'T have severe permanent medical disabilities. But that does not mean I am not taking back my life by finally making the right decision. Anyone that has struggled for years and finally reached their breaking point would understand, as I believe is true of most members of this site. So to all of you, thanks for your advice and encouragement.

Comment

No problem, commonman has died.

Comment

'Basic situation: I had TWO jobs up until Jan 1 of this year. I quit both due to the fact that I've been under so much stress this last year that I've been getting constantly sick'

There is nothing abusive in that statement.
          Please site the applicable section of the bk code that requires anyone to be employed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X