Pre Bankruptcy counseling class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Bankruptcy counseling class?

Ok we need to do our class this weekend. It says we need our debts or credit report, living expenses, assets and paystubs.
    How accurate does this need to be? What is the reason? Other then to tell us we have/had to much debt and not enough income. LOL

Anyone use Pioneer?

How long do these usually take?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Just take the cheapest one you can find online. I just clicked all the way through mine. The part I had to enter info, I just copied from my BK package. After finishing, had to call someone so they could tell me my options, then they emailed me the certificate.
    Filed: Dec 31, 2008
    341: Feb 5, 2009
    Discharge: Apr 7, 2009 (61 days even)

Comment

Originally posted by elstx View Post
      Just take the cheapest one you can find online. I just clicked all the way through mine. The part I had to enter info, I just copied from my BK package. After finishing, had to call someone so they could tell me my options, then they emailed me the certificate.

Sounds like a racket! I wonder what company paid which lawmakers to get this little goldmine in the BK laws!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by elstx View Post
        The one our attorney recommended is only$35. I was just wondering on the figures we have to supply. I may have to get with our attorney for them. But was hoping to do it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
          The one our attorney recommended is only$35. I was just wondering on the figures we have to supply. I may have to get with our attorney for them. But was hoping to do it this weekend.
          For $35 I wouldn't expect to have to provide much. I'm sure you'll get your certificate simply by showing up.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            For $35 I wouldn't expect to have to provide much. I'm sure you'll get your certificate simply by showing up.

What do you mean showing up? I don't want to register if i don't have all the right info.

Where are all those people have done it already?

Comment

We did it online. The pre and the post both. We just estimated all the expenses in the total without filling out every single column and it worked, no big deal. We knew enough to pass without even listening to the lectures. Even if we didn't pass a section, we could have gone back and done it again until we got it right without paying again. You pay once for the pre-BK, and once for the post-BK.

You keep answering questions until you get it right. We had to call and talk to someone on the pre-BK for less than 1 minute and then we were done. The post BK, we didn't even have to call.
              Last edited by jktrading; 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jktrading View Post
                I did it online. The pre and the post both. I just estimated all the expenses in the total without filling out every single column and it worked, no big deal. I knew enough to pass without even listening to the lectures. Even if I didn't pass a section, I could have gone back and done it again until I got it right. I had to call and talk to someone for less than 1 minute and then I was done. The post BK, I didn't even have to call.
                OH NO they are going to test me? GREAT! Were you able to stop and finish at a later time if need be?

Comment

What do you mean showing up? I don't want to register if i don't have all the right info.

Where are all those people have done it already?
                  They don't forward any information to the trustee or the court. You just do what they say and they give you a certificate. You can make up all the info they request regarding debts and income. There is no verification.

Comment

OH NO they are going to test me? GREAT! Were you able to stop and finish at a later time if need be?
                    Yes, you can do 1 question per day if you want to. It's really extremely basic and simple. I can't believe they actually require such a waste of time, but so be it, we have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      They don't forward any information to the trustee or the court. You just do what they say and they give you a certificate. You can make up all the info they request regarding debts and income. There is no verification.
                      Yep, that's it. Then you or your attorney file it with the court, done!

Comment

They're easy. Some are only $25.
                        Filed: Dec 31, 2008
                        341: Feb 5, 2009
                        Discharge: Apr 7, 2009 (61 days even)

Comment

I'm in the process of finishing up my pre-bankruptcy class at pioneercredit.com . I am hoping to finish it tonight at work before I have to go home because I don't want to do it this weekend. I know I will have to call them at some point, but I just want to get it done and out of the way.

Quick question:

My wife and I are filing together, so we need both need to take the class online. I have been doing my class online by myself and it says that she will need to do it herself as well. Do you know if they will ask her to imput all the same information as me concerning assets, income, debt, ect? She doesn't work and all the debt is mine except some unpaid hospital bills that have gone to collections.

I wonder if it will just pull that information from my course and place it in hers or if there will be an option to click "same as spouse".

Anyone know?
                          Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
                          341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
                          Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
                          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Never mind, under my "wifes section" everthing was filled out. She is just suppose to read everything. Will be making the call to complete the course either Monday or Tuesday.
                            Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
                            341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
                            Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
                            Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Mine was super easy. Did it online in 2 hours tops. All I had to do was enter my debts and income. When you call to complete it, they just want to make you understood the course material and than they email you your certificate. Sort of a verification that you took it.. It was recommended by my lawyer so my guess is that it is fulfills the requirements.
                              "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                              http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                              1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X