No announcement yet.

Pre Bankruptcy counseling class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used one that is only valid in California that required ZERO interaction. There was NO phone call, all on line. We did it in just over an hour, there was a timer on the top of the page so that they show that you were there for the required time. Had my certs by email the next day. The topper, it was completely free.

If there are any California folk looking for free and easy, here you go!

Comment

Our class was online. Our lawyer registered us for it. It took maybe 20 minutes. Needed a little general input from us and gave us very common sense information.

Afterward we called the number provided and the guy was very, very nice (thanked DH for his service and me for my sacrifice). That took less than 5 minutes. Certificate was sent to our lawyer asap.

Quick and painless.
      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

took my pre bk counseling from greenpathbk.com it was $50.00, i still have to take the pre-discharge counseling test. the first counseling session was pretty easy. I just filled out all of the income and debt information, then I chatted on line with the helper about common sense spending. Then he basically went over a budget plan that I should try to follow. The person also went over other options that I might have been able to do or afford other than bankruptcy. You know, like using coupons, eating out less, smart shopping, and wants vs needs ect. Talking with the on line assistant only took about 5 min. it was pretty pain free.
        filed chapter-7 5/21/09
        341 meeting 7/20/09

discharged -awaiting closing 9/21/09

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
          I used one that is only valid in California that required ZERO interaction. There was NO phone call, all on line. We did it in just over an hour, there was a timer on the top of the page so that they show that you were there for the required time. Had my certs by email the next day. The topper, it was completely free.

If there are any California folk looking for free and easy, here you go!
          I used this same one for FREE. It was quick and easy. Got my certificate via email the same day.
          Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
          341 Meeting: 1/7/09
          Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
          Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by jennordhavn View Post
            I used this same one for FREE. It was quick and easy. Got my certificate via email the same day.
            I know YOU used it... that's where I got it! Thanks again!

Comment

Mine was actually timed....I read it all, answered the questions, clicked the right buttons...and bingo! It told me I'd completed it too quickly, and I needed to "review" previous sections! It was meant to take at least 60 minutes and I clicky clickied in less than 40 apparently. Silly me lol

Online course, one phone call two days later (for about 3 minutes), certificate emailed within the hour. $30.
              Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values - HH The Dalai Lama
              Pro Se; filed no asset Ch 7 (including back taxes): 4/09
              314 Meeting : 6/09
              Complete Discharge 7/09 with CRFTL 8/09.

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                I know YOU used it... that's where I got it! Thanks again!
                Oh.....lol. Sorry!
                Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by ohiofiler View Post
                  sounds like a racket! I wonder what company paid which lawmakers to get this little goldmine in the bk laws!

exactly!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieOakey View Post
                    Mine was actually timed....I read it all, answered the questions, clicked the right buttons...and bingo! It told me I'd completed it too quickly, and I needed to "review" previous sections! It was meant to take at least 60 minutes and I clicky clickied in less than 40 apparently. Silly me lol

Online course, one phone call two days later (for about 3 minutes), certificate emailed within the hour. $30.

That's the second course you have to take. There is the debtor education and there is a counseling course. The second one must take - I thought it was 2 hours (??). Takes 1/2 max, but it is timed and stated you had to do the whole 2 hours (?) to get the certificate. I went and did dishes and folded in between answering questions. Just another bankruptcy punishment.

Comment

Carrie, I had the same problem with the post-filing class. I finished too fast. When I called to confirm they told me to wait and call back.

Also, as an FYI, the fee for the cc can be waived if you can't afford it.
                      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X