top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Cannot Get Motivated to Fill Out the Paperwork...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Cannot Get Motivated to Fill Out the Paperwork...

I have chosen my attorney and now I have a questionnaire to complete which is all of the information necessary to file, etc. (pay stubs, tax returns, cc statements), as well as the asset list (putting a dollar amount on all that we have in our house), income information (excluding pay stubs), expenses, etc... I cannot motivate myself to start with all of this.... I have 30 days to get the info to my attorney, along with the retainer and first payment to him...

Has anyone else felt so overwhelmed with the paperwork that they just couldn't get started?

Any words of wisdom or motivation????

TIA

Take it one section at a time. Assets one day, income another, secured creditors another day, etc. You may just be motivated enough to do it all at once after you begin. Baby steps.

Comment

Thanks so much. I am a very organized person and quite anal, but for some reason, I'd rather go outside and shovel the snow than work on this....

I guess I'll start with the photo copying first and than take it from there.... baby steps is right

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
        Take it one section at a time. Assets one day, income another, secured creditors another day, etc. You may just be motivated enough to do it all at once after you begin. Baby steps.
        My husband and I got our paperwork from our lawyer Fed 4th and I just started filling it out today. I have been very overwhelmed and i am still trying to figure some of it out.

Comment

I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way...I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it..yicks! Good luck...I think alot of it is facing all this on paper..

Comment

Believe it or not, once you get it started it will be fine. It's the thought of compiling all the information and the horrid thought of actually listing all your bills and seeing it all right there in front of you...look at it this way; it won't get done unless you do it! :-)

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I know and I actually just started making the copies. It is just me filing, not my husband, so I asked my paralegal (who works for my attorney) what specifically they needed from my husband (i.e., credit card statements) because he is not filing and I did not see why he would have to disclose all of his items as well. I know that his salary is needed for the means test, but why list his liabilities when they are not being discharged....

Comment

My problem is the listing of the amounts owed on the CC.

The paralegal said they need the paperwork ASAP to get started, but by the time I get it done and file, the amounts owed will be higher than listed.
                Is that going to be an issue, or do they just go by the Creditors amounts the day you file ? (Hope that makes sense.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X