Was hired- even with the BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was hired- even with the BK

Just thought I'd let people know that even with a background check- pulling my credit, I sailed through the interviewing process, and not once was the BK mentioned, just if I commited a crime in the last 10 years!

I think BK's aren't as harsh these days as maybe they once were.... Anyways, for those of you looking for a job post BK, just know that there is hope!!!

(I am in the IT industry- so maybe they didn't care)
    Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
    Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Congratulations!!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good Job...no pun intended...lol very happy for you

Comment

Great news - it's mostly in the financial sector or if one is involved in being bonded or handling cash, checks or having access to other folks' credit or bank accounts that job seekers with a BK on their records may run into a problem. Also, executives in a higher position with a company.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Wow, congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubPrimeME View Post
            Just thought I'd let people know that even with a background check- pulling my credit, I sailed through the interviewing process, and not once was the BK mentioned, just if I commited a crime in the last 10 years!

I think BK's aren't as harsh these days as maybe they once were.... Anyways, for those of you looking for a job post BK, just know that there is hope!!!

(I am in the IT industry- so maybe they didn't care)
            Congratulations!!
            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Congratulations!

Great News! ( We like that!)

Comment

I think BK's aren't as harsh these days as maybe they once were
                BK's were never really harsh, this whole idea that BK means you can't get a job is more myth than reality...as you found out.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                  BK's were never really harsh, this whole idea that BK means you can't get a job is more myth than reality...as you found out.
                  Yes- I believe that it is a conspiracy theory- brought to you by the credit card companies, as they want to paint this picture that if you screw them that you will be haunted for the rest of your life.

I mean think about it, why do we need credit? Really, why? TO go into debt, and pay some crazy interest rate?

I seriously think that the mob and chase are one in the same.

Comment

Yes- I believe that it is a conspiracy theory- brought to you by the credit card companies, as they want to paint this picture that if you screw them that you will be haunted for the rest of your life.

I mean think about it, why do we need credit? Really, why? TO go into debt, and pay some crazy interest rate?

Yes the CC companies have tried to make bk look as bad as possible to create fear so folks will pay them.

See now we could easily solve many of these problems if we just outlawed usury. Instead just a flat upfront fee, no interest. You'd see a lot better steady income for businesses and folks would know exactly what they are getting into up front. Now wall street and others don't want this because then you eliminate the highs and lows which is where they make their millions.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I am so happy for you. I too, was hired after a credit check had been done. I asked for a copy of the report because I wanted to see what the employer looked at. The BK is post loud and clear. Mine was smack dab in the middle of the report. There is NO WAY they could miss it, and I was still hired.

There is HOPE for us.
                      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Unfortunately, you need to consider yourself lucky. What occurred with you does not happen witih everyone who applies for a position with a BK on their record. It all depends on the position, the company and other factors. It has nothing to do with the credit card companies it's how one is viewed by employers as to how they handle their finances or personal lives and that is why credit and background checks are done. Granted, filing BK does not have the same stigma as having a felony on one's background check but if there are financial dealings the new employee would be involved with, it can work against the applicant. I am just being open and honest here. I can guarantee that Chase or any other outfit has nothing to do with our company hiring practices!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I also think it probably has something to do with timing...if you are lucky enough to be far and away the best applicant then they probably won't hold the BK against you. But, if they have two or three applicants that are in close competition I bet you they would choose to hire the one without the BK. Just my two cents worth.

Comment

My wife had to submit a letter and that was it. She has an excellent job with the State. I am very happy for you, congratulations!
                            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                              Yes the CC companies have tried to make bk look as bad as possible to create fear so folks will pay them.

See now we could easily solve many of these problems if we just outlawed usury. Instead just a flat upfront fee, no interest. You'd see a lot better steady income for businesses and folks would know exactly what they are getting into up front. Now wall street and others don't want this because then you eliminate the highs and lows which is where they make their millions.

Yes, exactly. That's why the movie 'Boiler Room' is eerily what it seems like in the 'real world'.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X