top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they repo can you cash in the extended warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they repo can you cash in the extended warranty?

Just a thought. I know if I traded my car, boat, etc before the extended warranty is up I can get money back. If it gets repo'd can I get the extended warranty unused portion back?

Originally posted by Jacinta View Post
    Just a thought. I know if I traded my car, boat, etc before the extended warranty is up I can get money back. If it gets repo'd can I get the extended warranty unused portion back?
    This is an excellent question! I know that when I traded a car in, I was credited the extended warranty I purchased. I had purchased the original car (the one traded in) and the warranty and new car, all from the same dealer.

You would probably need to contact the extended warranty provider and inform them of the car's demise. In my case, I had to do nothing, my dealer took care of everything!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

True JB, but if it is an after market vendor, I would not hold breath. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        True JB, but if it is an after market vendor, I would not hold breath. 'Hub
        True... I purchased one of those before. I was holding my breath when I had to actually get service.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This situation happened to us, three times with three vehicles.

Vehicle #1 Knew we were going to surrender so kept in garage until after we
          filed then took to bank.(Had 6 yr.100K warranty)(still owed30k)

Vehicle#2 We purchased before we filed because we thought we were going
          to be in a 13, luckily we waited and got a 7, anyway we bought
          this vehicle at the same dealership we bought vehicle #1, and
          they applied the remainer of the balance of extended warranty
          from vehicle #1 (which was not pd off)and they mailed us the
          remainder of what they didn't use (they applied to downpymt for
          vehicle#2)

vehicle#3 we have had for a year and half and absolutely were going to
          keep, had equity, anyway it had a roadside warranty and tire
          warranty i think.

When we decided we were just going to get rid of all the 08s and the 750/mon. payments we were about a week from discharge. DH went up to dealership and cancelled all warranties, hoping we would get the remainders but we didn't because the loans were not paid off. I think if we had waited until we were discharged and then went in and cancelled them we may have gotten the refunds, but not sure. Anyway hope this helps. We were told if the loan is not paid off the refund goes to lien holder.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X