Divorced 10/21/2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorced 10/21/2002

My previous marriage ended in divorce back in 2002. We met with the judge on 10/21/2002 and that is that.

Just curious as to why they need to know that information when filing for chapter 7. Will they contact my ex-wife? We had nothing when we divorced and everything went smooth.

I am remarried now and I have the paperwork from my divorce, but can't seem to find the sheet signed from the judge that our divorce was final. Do they need that information and if so, anyone know where I can get that information?

I went the family court website for my county, but could not find anything on there about a form to fill out to request information or even a contact.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

In the state in which you were divorced, go to that state's website and look for the records information link (i.e., birth certificates, etc.) and contact that office.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

That's interesting because I was divorced in 2006 and I asked my attroney about needing the divorce degree and he said no. I did have QAUTRO money also that I declared on taxes for the 2006 tax year.
      Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
      341 Meeting 6/5/09
      Discharged 8/5/09
      Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Needed to get proof that hubby was divorced before we got married, just went to the courthouse where divorce was filed and got a copy.

Probably they want the paperwork to be sure there are no outstanding support orders (alimony, child support) etc. I don't think they'd contact the ex- unless they were owed money.
        Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
        Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X