Received a Pre-Approved Credit Application today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a Pre-Approved Credit Application today

I stopped paying on all my cards on the 15th of April and I have been receiving close to 20 phone calls a day from creditors.

But for some reason, I was pre-approved for a Platinum Master Card with First Premier Bank. I was surprised to see that in my Mailbox this afternoon.

It's going right to the shredder
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

We stopped paying about a month ago and filed on the 27th of April.

Got a cc offer yesterday.

LOL.
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

They are usually for credit lines of 300.00 ish with very high fees.

Platinum doesn't mean squat with those offers.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
        They are usually for credit lines of 300.00 ish with very high fees.

Platinum doesn't mean squat with those offers.

LOL Means you get a silver looking card!
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

To the OP - all it means is that your name is on some mailing list somewhere and you may continue to get those but if you apply and they check your credit, you would get denied. "Pre-approved" does not mean a thing - it's another tactic to get the hook in your mouth. Your credit still gets checked when you apply. You did the right thing by shredding it.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I got that same offer in the mail today and my bk hasn't been discharged nor have I paid a cc bill in over a year. They gave you like 300 credit limit but by the time they charged you a ton of fees you honly had like $20 left as credit until you paid a bill. I burned the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonMom View Post
              I got that same offer in the mail today and my bk hasn't been discharged nor have I paid a cc bill in over a year. They gave you like 300 credit limit but by the time they charged you a ton of fees you honly had like $20 left as credit until you paid a bill. I burned the offer.
              Everyone gets that offer; when we first filed, Aspire Bank sent us a preapproval every month trying to get us to bite. As you state after the annual fee, start up fees, monthly service fee and god knows what else, your first bill is for $275 for a $300 credit limit and you didn't buy a thing. Believe it or not, people fall for it.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                To the OP - all it means is that your name is on some mailing list somewhere and you may continue to get those but if you apply and they check your credit, you would get denied. "Pre-approved" does not mean a thing - it's another tactic to get the hook in your mouth. Your credit still gets checked when you apply. You did the right thing by shredding it.
                Yeah, I knew that if I were to apply (which I wouldn't have), I know they still check and I am sure I would have been denied. Back in late October, early November, I received a few offers for "Pre-Approved 0% Balance Transfer Cards" and then, my credit score was pretty good and I was still denied when I tried to apply.

At this point, I was receiving a few offers a day and I opted out to receive these offers and up until yesterday, it worked.
                Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
                341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
                Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
                Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X