What to do with pre-approved offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with pre-approved offers

Ever notice when you receive a pre-approved offer, each envelope contains a prepaid envelope to send back your application?

Has anyone ever sent back something wacky / dirty / discusting to these credit companies?

I read something somewhere a few years back that a person filled a box with rocks; sealed the box and taped the envelope to the box and mailed it back to the credit company.

I don't know how true this is; it was probably one of those chain emails I received one day.

I do know that the envelope says that postage will be paid by the credit company, so maybe it would work.

Any comments?
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Well......that doesn't really work. The CC companies know how much their application weighs. If the envelope is much more than that, they'll refuse the "postage due" and it will just come back to you. You can still mail back some papers.....just not bricks.
    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
      Well......that doesn't really work. The CC companies know how much their application weighs. If the envelope is much more than that, they'll refuse the "postage due" and it will just come back to you. You can still mail back some papers.....just not bricks.
      I had a feeling that was the case... Who knows, maybe when I start receiving offers again, I will find something nice to send back to them in there envelopes. Maybe some other junk mail I receive from a different company. I will just have to make sure my name, address and any other information that is linked to me is not on the mail.
      Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
      341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
      Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
      Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Someone once stated they just put a blank sheet of paper in there and returned it. It doesn't matter cause they get discount rates for mass mailings and also their postage is a business deduction for them. They know they will get more responses to the offers than blank sheets.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X