Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reports

I am just curious...
    You know how credit companies may randomly check your credit report over the years...does the trustee randomly check your credit report during your bankruptcy. I am in a 13 but was just curious. My paper work talks about not getting any debt above $1500 and was just wondering how the trustee would really know. I am not planning on getting any more debt.

Originally posted by ccfriend View Post
    You know how credit companies may randomly check your credit report over the years...does the trustee randomly check your credit report during your bankruptcy. I am in a 13 but was just curious.
    Your trustee could check your credit reports if he/she wanted to. But that's not likely to happen unless the trustee suspects you now may have more disposable income than you initially reported at filing time or you suddenly can't make a 13 payment on time.

Even if you wanted to, it's highly unlikely you would be able to add on significant hidden debt during a 13 anyway because cc's and other lenders will catch your 13 when they run your credit report before you can sign on the dotted line. No lender who's legit is supposed to lend you money without your trustee's permission during an active bankruptcy anyway.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget