Sooooooooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooooooooooo

Can a car alarm fall under the security/safety of the means test?

I've had an ...interesting day. My car was broken into and my new work laptop, my GPS, and my wallet (wish cash) was stolen....

Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

I am so sorry to hear that.

The "safety and security" allowances are very specific and most people can't claim them. These allowances (expenses) are for Domestic and Family Violence related protection. You would (generally) need some sort of Court Order indicating that you have these particular security/safety issues.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you alerted the authorities?

Perhaps they can help you recover the lost items quickly.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
        I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you alerted the authorities?

Perhaps they can help you recover the lost items quickly.
        Broken into cars are......well, the cops never really do anything.

The problem is the laptop belongs to the county school system...and it is a real problem that it is now missing.
        Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
        ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X