creditor's address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditor's address

I have some minor debts (cell phones, etc.) that were sold to collection agencies. For some of them, I haven't received any letters or notices for nearly a year. Should I list the name and address on the last notice I received, even if it was that long ago? If the debt has been passed on to another company, will the bankruptcy notice get forwarded?
    Filed Ch. 7 (pro se) 6/15/09
    341 Mtg. 7/23/09
    Discharged and closed: 9/23/09

Use the last (most recent) known address that you have for them. Many lawyers ()or the Debtor's themselves) will run a credit report for good measure.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You are only responsible for the original debt and the creditor's address as you know it. These debts are sold over and over and you are not responsible for keeping up with all of the transactions. That is the creditor's and the bk court's responsibility.

Good luck.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'd pull your credit report, many of these will probably appear on it and you can get addresses there .

But as Cat says you only absolutely have to list the original creditor and their address.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
          I'd pull your credit report, many of these will probably appear on it and you can get addresses there .

But as Cat says you only absolutely have to list the original creditor and their address.
          Forget where I saw this, but I did read that I should list any debt collection agencies who have bought the note from my original creditors, as if I do not, those agencies can come after me (even after a discharge) for the debt. Is this not true?

I am in the process of listing out creditor addresses, and (for example) I included both Zwicker & Associates, as well as American Express (both of whom have contacted me about the same account/same debt).

I do not know if Zwicker now actually owns my debt, or whether they are truly outside counsel to American Express (as they claim). The wording in Amex's letter left ownership of my debt open to interpretation. It said the account was 'transferred', which could mean sold OR turned over to someone else for collection. I listed them both.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
            That's exactly what I did I pulled all three for free and then compared. I did find it odd that some of the OC had a different address on two of the reports.

There was stuff on there that I had no idea about! Medical bills from 6 years ago that I had no idea ever went to collections!
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
            Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X