hierarchy of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hierarchy of debt

How is the type of debt handled? What is considered more important? What can'r be discharged (e.g. studnt laons - would that have nore imortance than credir card debt?)?

I don't understand the question.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

sorry as you can probably tell i am confused myself. i guess what i am asking is what debt can be discharged or lower and what has to be paid in full. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by howdidithappen View Post
        sorry as you can probably tell i am confused myself. i guess what i am asking is what debt can be discharged or lower and what has to be paid in full. thank you.
        Generally speaking, all secured debt must be given back (surrendered), purchased for the current value (redeemed), or kept under the same original terms (reaffirmed).

The only debt that can't be discharged are debts that are like these:
        • income taxes, property taxes, other governmental taxes (there are some cases in which you can discharge these too)
        • student loans
        • criminal fines and penalties
        • non-criminal fines and penalties
        • any judgment caused by drunk driving
        • (and more)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X