failed the means test, is there a means test for ch 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed the means test, is there a means test for ch 13

Is there a seperate means test for chapter 13 filers, that will account for income etc to give a rough estimate what you would pay in a CH 13?

Means test can be tricky... were you close to passing?

I'm not sure there is a simple answer to how much your CH13 payment will be. Here is an article I came across that might help some:

How Much Will My Chapter 13 Plan Payment Be?

You might try the means test I wrote and see what you get:

DebtStinks
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/09/09
    341 Meeting: 07/16/09
    Discharged: 09/21/09
    Case Closed: 09/25/09

Comment

I took your means test and I failed ;)
      Maybe I'll do it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by 95kindebt View Post
        I took your means test and I failed ;)
        Maybe I'll do it manually.
        Failing the means test... means that you are in a Chapter 13. isn't that what you wanted? If you passed, you could do a Chapter 7.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah, just trying to figure out our net disposeable income.

Comment

the dmi is the biggest problem...my original plan was to walk away from my home, even though i had a few thou in equity..(i had wanted to move for years and get a life)..

i rented a house that cost 3 hundred per month more and a hundred or so more in utilities...

my lawyer said this would have reduced my dmi into a 7...so, i sold my guns, saxophone and everything i had to get the money to relocate to palm coast...

the plan went to hell, when i found that my new neighbors were hateful bastards and declared war on me and my cats...my only crime, was that i wasnt from the part of the country they had moved from...

even if i had let my pets go to be euthenized, i would be serving time for choking my hateful, clanish, geezer, neighbors.. (i hope i dont sound harsh, like i dont like them or anything).. actually i wish them well and may the fleas of a thousand camels nest in their crotch...

so after moving back to my home, i have 400 bucks per month dmi that i cant get rid of and all my possessions are gone and i tore my back while moving...... i have read on lawyers blogs, that it was the intent of the law, that SS not be used in calculating DMI, but it is..

they say there is a reason for everything, i just havent figured out the good of me getting a 13, even though i pass the means test..
            Last edited by floridian; 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM.
            "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X