top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my car insurance go up after I file Bancrupty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ando View Post
    Oh , i didn't know that I have to include all credit cards in bankruptcy , my lawyer told me I can list only the ones affected . how about my checking plus in my checking account ? He told me not to worry about my checking account .

He told me to list those cards that will be included in the bankruptcy only. Now some of you saying to include all and I am a bit confused , by the way,my lawyer hasn't filed yet? I am still waiting , waiting , waiting!!!!!
    All cards having balances must be listed and reported. If you have a card with a zero balance at the time of filing, ask the attorney whether or not the trustee will want that information. We had to supply the information on the two cards we had that had a zero balance at the time of filing and the attorney eventually told us those were our cards and if they survive the BK and stay open, they were ours to keep open. List all debt and ask your attorney specifically about any credit card you have with a zero balance - whether or not the trustee will want that information. In all likelihood, he/she probably won't need or require it.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We included all whether they had balances or not. Since it is common practice for cards to up your rate for whatever reason they feel like, it seems even if you have a cc with no balance, chances the cc company will allow you to keep it are slim. They are closing people's accts who have no black marks, imagine what chance a person in BK has to a cc.

You know something puzzles me, why would someone in BK be worried about a cc? I know, maybe it's the habit isn't broke yet. Maybe I am being harsh, but if your debt is mostly cc debt, best thing is to cut up all plastic whether they will let you keep it or not. Learn to live within your means, it's a hard lesson, but very rewarding. Personally for us, I never ever want to walk down this road again, I am getting to old for all this and honestly, living within our means isn't so bad. I am proud that we have lived for the last 1 1/2 yrs with no new debt, nothing.
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Not everyone is irresponsible with or abuses credit cards and not everyone has a bad habit with them. Maybe it is because they did not owe that person/company any money thus it makes no sense to list it and it also really makes no sense to cancel someone who does not owe you money. Then again, there are a host of things in this world of human so called justice that make no sense. I did not list or even mention any cards with a zero balance and there was no problem with doing that.

Yes, my car insurance in fact did increase by about 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
          yes, depending on what state you are in, Florida allows profiling, while California does not. while i lived in florida my homeowners policy doubled. and car insurance was higher than in calif.
          I was thinking about switching auto insurance (before I filed BK), to reduce my payments. I went in to a couple of places and they wanted to pull my credit report...and I live in Calif. Needless to say, I'm sticking with my current insurance (Allstate) and hope it doesn't go up at renewal time
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
            I was thinking about switching auto insurance (before I filed BK), to reduce my payments. I went in to a couple of places and they wanted to pull my credit report...and I live in Calif. Needless to say, I'm sticking with my current insurance (Allstate) and hope it doesn't go up at renewal time
            I'm hoping mine doesn't either. I received my renewal statement the day before I filed BK but we'll see in 6 months when it's renewed again. I did some online quotes and they were pretty much the same or a few bucks cheaper than what I'm paying with Mercury so it's not worth the hassle of changing. Plus I've had a good experience with them.
            Filed 5/29/09
            Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X