No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your post Bex. I am like OhioFiler. My wife cooks and I clean the kitchen(do the dishes by hand).

Someday I hope to get a garage...

Originally posted by Bex View Post
    My dishwasher sh*t the bed today. This wasn't even included in my mental list of deferred home maintenance spending, I thought it would be okay a while! Well, at least I know where my next 2 visa payments will be going.

*le sigh*

Comment

In the last six months our fridge broke twice, the dishwasher broke down and so did the stove. The owner of the local corner store (they get all the scoop!) recommended a local repair man and he has fixed all of them and it was under $400 total. All of these appliances are over ten years old but working great now knock on wood.

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
        Try craigslist to replace your dishwasher. I just got a kenmore washing machine, almost new, the same model that I had ((so the old one is now for parts) for 80.00. I am so happy with it and relieved that I didn't have to come up with the cash for a new one.
        I saw many dishwashers in our area.
        Excellent! I love Kenmore!!

I'm sure you know that Kenmore's large appliances are all re-badged Whirlpool...interestingly, a few years back when shopping for a washer & dryer, I looked up Consumer Reports and the Kenmore models were actually rated HIGHER than the Whirlpool--not adjusting for "value for the $" or anything like that-- they were actually found to be better performers!

At any rate, since I'm all about frugality and information sharing I thought I'd better share...

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
          For me its not appliances... as we live in an apartment complex now and if anything breaks they will fix it!

But mine is my damn cat... I'm already adding a 1200 dollar vet bill to my petition and then just yesterday we had to take him in for an ear infection which cost me 133 dollars. I had set aside 225 to pay for our petition being amended but now that will have to wait till the end of the month... lol.
          aww...well, you have to take care of the furbabies--they just bring so much joy to our lives! My two dogs have gone without annual vet visits for longer than I'm willing to admit. Once again, paying that accursed visa bill at all costs.

<broken-record credit card rant (please disregard, if you wish, this is part of my therapy )--->

Just that fact, in and of itself, is shocking to me now--I seriously let my health go...gambled with my dogs' health...just gave up so much feeding the insatiable beast visa ...why?? Pursuing the fickle FICO?? Really, I would like to know how I became so insane that I was sacrificing everything, or at least one vital thing monthly, to pay this ridiculous account with the never-decreasing balance!! I feel like Sisyphus! There had to have been hidden cameras on me...the gods must be crazy!!

I feel like I'm in recovery now--just cannot believe how I was living a mere 30 days ago.

</rant>

Okay, I haven't done that in almost a day--I feel better now!

Don't worry about having to take care of kitty as he has been taking care of you all the while

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie007 View Post
            We've already found a new home that will be cheaper than the new rate and is in a much better location (think water view)

Yay for you and yay for craigslist saving the day again!! and my new 2nd-favorite saying: STICK IT TO THE MAN!!

Wow, water view--very nice, indeed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X