top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gotten a mortgage modified with Chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Has anyone gotten a mortgage modified with Chase?

We had out mortgage through WAMU which is now Chase. We applied for a modification months ago. After about 3 months, we got a letter requesting more info, which we sent. Then my spouse got a call (my name is not on the mortgage) saying call this number in two weeks to find out who your negotiator is (?). A week later, got the same call.

Two weeks after the first call, spouse called Chase and was told to call back in early August, as no negotiator had been assigned.

Has anyone gotten past this point with Chase? What happens next?

I am worried they won't help us since (1) we qualify for a re-write because the mortgage is more than 30% of spouse's income, but if they add in my income, we don't qualify and (2) we have never been late on our mortgage (but that doesn't mean we're not going under fast!).

Anyone with experience?

Our CH7 was discharged a year ago. we have been trying to contact someone at Chase for months. We've been hung up on, disconnected a lot, and been assigned a Chase loan person two separate times to look into a refi. They never get back with us and they never answer their individual phones or return phone messages.

This is what has convinced us to give up on a refi and walk away [since the mortgage never got reaffirmed during BK] when we need to.

Good luck to you!

kingfisher

Comment

We got a letter back saying that our application was denied and that they are proceeding with foreclosure. The kicker is that we've NEVER been late on a mortgage payment since we bought the house three years ago! It's just a crappy form letter where they assume everyone applying for the modification is being foreclosed.

It turns out we filled out the WAMU application (because our loan was through WAMU) but then the changeover happened in the meantime and Chase won't accept the WAMU applications.

WHAT A JOKE!

Now we have a new -- much larger -- application and we have to re-apply. I am starting to hate Chase already.

Comment

Yes

Yes I was modified in march of 2010 on the Hemp final loan modification at 2.0% for 5 years and then it tops out at 5.125% for 40 years. by Freddie Mac/ Chase bank. They have mailed me my new statements each month and I pay them on time! $856.80 "BUT as of last month on the 20th they started calling me up. Like as if I was not modified yet? They even called my office this time!! And there mailing me debt collector letters four of them to date. And on 5/9/2010 I had a us post office certified letter deliver on my door of my home "SORRY WE MISSED YOU" from Chase bank it was after 4:00 pm I have go and pick up on monday after get off work. Yes I have been talking with Chase bank. But no one there knows what is going on. I think they have not yet up dated there information yet? So what Is that certified letter about? "will see" O' by the way I was in a trail modification for over 9 months to get to this point! And it was hell all the way!! frustrating is an understatement! they "suck" and that's being nice Bad Chase Bank! I am a registered user (DougE12) PS. I hope this will help you good luck.http:

Comment

Good Luck, Chase sucks! We tried a loan modification, but got the runaround for several months. I finally gave up and requested a short sale, which took about 5 months; however, they agreed to the short sale, but refused to waive the deficiency balance. At this point I already knew I was filing for BK-7, so I went ahead with the short sale and filed BK-7 a month later. BK was the best thing we ever did and in a few days I will have my discharge and a new debt free life. Whatever you do, don’t expect Chase to help; just about everybody we dealt with at Chase had their head up their ass, and I mean fully engulfed in their ass with no possible penetration of any light source of any kind!
          Filed BK7 on 1/16/10:
          341 on 3/16/10 (No Asset)
          Discharged 5/17/10 (Fresh Start)

Comment

We gave up hope of a modification and will be moving in August. Our house has been on the market for a month or so with no offers and three other houses on our street (which is made up of about 14 houses total)... I doubt it will sell before it forecloses.

Comment

Thanks for all the hope guys!! We're going to try - but honestly, it's a stalling technique on my part. We'd have to get our mortgage down at least $1000 a month to be able to afford it, and I know they're never going to do that anyway!! Figure it buys me a few months, then file for bankrupty buys me some more . . . . stretch it out as far as we can.
              04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X