top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big no no....automobile transfers 2 months before filing -- now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catleg View Post
    I think the BK process is more forgiving here since we don't have the ability to shelter large amounts of home equity thru a homestead exemption like FL and TX. I am getting ready to file now, will know more as time goes by.
    good luck with your filing. Do you know how far back in bank statements we need to have available for the trustee? I know each state is different. My attorney's checklist (which I lost) I think said 3-months. What is your understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by DSIG View Post
      good luck with your filing. Do you know how far back in bank statements we need to have available for the trustee? I know each state is different. My attorney's checklist (which I lost) I think said 3-months. What is your understanding?
      Sorry, not that close to filing, but I think I've finally picked out a lawyer.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by DSIG View Post
        In my district it isn't a set number of month across the board, each trustee here has their own requirements. One wants one month, one wants three months, and another six months. I really thought that I knew what the tt was going to want until my lawyer told me each one is different in what they want.
        Southern District of Florida
        Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
        Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
        DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

Originally posted by doingpoorly View Post
          In my district it isn't a set number of month across the board, each trustee here has their own requirements. One wants one month, one wants three months, and another six months. I really thought that I knew what the tt was going to want until my lawyer told me each one is different in what they want.

This is true. It also depends upon your specific case. If you have large amounts of unsecured debt then you will have to provide bank statements and cc statements for up to two or possibly three years. I am not sure what the threshhold that triggers the added documentation, but it seems that if you are over $100k in unsecured debt, you will have to provide more months of bank statements and cc statements. I know this personally and if you read the threads, the more debt you have, the more documentation you need. Also if you have a complex case or if you are over the median income, expect to provide more documentation.

To be safe, download a copy of everything to your hard drive BEFORE filing so you have the documentation if the trustee requires it. You will be shut off from account access the minute you file, so make sure to prepare before you file.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
            To be safe, download a copy of everything to your hard drive BEFORE filing so you have the documentation if the trustee requires it. You will be shut off from account access the minute you file, so make sure to prepare before you file.
            Great tip! Most of us dont receive paper statements and online statements collect dust online.

I may be in a lot of debt but I am very organized and what to share with everyone in another thread what I did to get organized

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X