top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'far along' were you before you filed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 'far along' were you before you filed??

How far along in delinquencies and unpaid bills were you before you filed?? Checked my three in one credit report --- FICO score is 563 -- 7 delinquent accounts -- close to maxed out on all the current accounts -- can't make a dent in the balances because the APR is so high.

Chase is past 120 days. They won't work with me. They told me a min of $1,475 must be paid to get current.

We were 1 1/2 years delinquent. In other words we quit paying and charging in Jan 08 and did not file until June 09. We had an attorney on Feb 14 08 paid in full. We just kept dragging our feet. Creditors left us alone until May 09 and finally we got served. So, we filed.

We had many offers to settle, but we couldn't, we didn't have the money they wanted. Settling was not an option. We don't play the lottery, and that was about the only thing other then BK that could have gotten us out of this mess. We choose BK.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I will be 120 days late this month to a BOA line of credit, 90 days to Capital One personal loan, and 90 days late to PNC Bank for a second mortgage. We do plan to file but I was hoping to wait until possibly early December to do that. What do you think my chances of being sued are given these lates here before I file???
      08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
      04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
      06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
      08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

What about major purchases?? I am planning on buying a decent preowned car I can keep for 5 or 6 years. A traditional car loan is out of the question. Likely will be buying a 2006 suburu for $14,995 at a dealer in New Hampshire. Need to do this now because it will out of the question once I am in the chapter 13 plan.

$5,000 or $8,000 down balance paid in weekly payments. Likely will pay ahead once I read the paper work line by line and ensure no prepayment penalty.

Comment

I'm 90 -120 days deliquent on my unsecured debt. All my creditors know I'm unemployed so they can't attach yet but I'm going back to work soon so I'm nervous. I'm holding back my 13 filing until either I get foreclosed on or my wages are to be attached. Not anything I can do to control when they take action so I try not to obsess over. I have turned off the ringer on my landline though. I tell my family and friends to call my cell if they need me. If I don't recognize the caller I don't pick up.

I'm struggling with the car decision too. Should I keep the one I'm paying on or try to buy something outright before I file.

Truth is I won't be happy with either decision. It's a personality quirk I have that keeps me in debt. My friend tells me it is because I'm not grateful for what I have and am always trying to change my insides by changing my outsides.

Comment

6 mo. behind on everything.
            Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
            Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
            341 Meeting 01/05/2009
            Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

I'm 15 months behind on 8 cards 2 of them were business cards (sole proprietor). I tried a debt elimination company April 2008 but have two lawsuits breathing down my neck, no wait, my attorney filed yesterday so I have automatic stay
              I have a first hearing on one suit Monday. I will attend anyway to avoid a default judgment that would need to be vacated just in case they don't get informed in time.
              Chapter 13ner

Comment

I'm 5 months behind right now. According to my credit report I'm only 3 months behind for most of that!
                Still learning all of this, but glad I've found this site! Thank you all for your advice and patience!

Comment

thanks for sharing all that information......

Comment

I went to the extreme. I stopped paying my CC's in 2/07 and just filed last wed.

Comment

We were about 6 months in the hole on everyone.
                      But my wife had lost her job which left us with just retirement so under the rules we had to wait to file until her job dropped off to get us under the median.

Comment

My credit card accounts were about 3-4 years old when I filed. One had filed a lawsuit. I also had a more recent car repo (~1 yo) and some smaller medical and utility bills (~1.5 to 2 yo) when I filed.
                        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Waiting to qualify, but will be 6 months unpaid on al CCs by then.

Comment

I stopped paying on my cards six months before filing.
                            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I have not paid the mortgages on my investment properties for about 13 months now. Haven't paid the mortgage on my primary residence, 2nd, or CCs since March '09. I am moving to another state and will have to be there 90 days before I can file, but I will probably have to wait several months beyond that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X