top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'far along' were you before you filed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sazabelle View Post
    I have not paid the mortgages on my investment properties for about 13 months now.
    Geeze..... who is your mortgage company? Mine starts calling me if I hit 10 days late. They're not cutting anyone any slack.

I'm hitting 30 - 60 days on things now, should be ready to file within a couple of months.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      Geeze..... who is your mortgage company? Mine starts calling me if I hit 10 days late. They're not cutting anyone any slack.

I'm hitting 30 - 60 days on things now, should be ready to file within a couple of months.
      My mortgages for the investment properties are with Chase and Homecoming's. Per my attorney's advice, I avoided their phone calls and later had my phone number changed. The investment properties are now in foreclosure. I am unemployed and upside down in equity on my primary residence, so there isn't much they can do at this point. Don't get me wrong, I am very concerned about this. It's like I'm waiting for the hammer to fall at some point, but because of my circumstances, I simply cannot file BK yet. I'm doing my best to plan ahead of time for this BK but the stress of it all is terrible. I wonder how many years have been taken off my life due to stress.

Comment

Originally posted by 123ABC View Post
        I went to the extreme. I stopped paying my CC's in 2/07 and just filed last wed.
        any judgments or lawsuits in that time up to filing?

Comment

It's like I'm waiting for the hammer to fall at some point, but because of my circumstances, I simply cannot file BK yet. I'm doing my best to plan ahead of time for this BK but the stress of it all is terrible. I wonder how many years have been taken off my life due to stress.
          But wasn't it a relief when you did decide to file.... I know that it was for me. Now, it's just the waiting game until I'm in the position that I want to be in. In the meantime however, I'm in a position that I don't want to be in. Short of money, unable to keep current on the bills, deciding on who does and does not get paid, getting all my ducks in a row. Pretty much waking up every day and living a lie to all except a select few in the family. That's what's stessful. Have to wake up and keep that game face on.

The time is getting closer.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            But wasn't it a relief when you did decide to file.... I know that it was for me. Now, it's just the waiting game until I'm in the position that I want to be in. In the meantime however, I'm in a position that I don't want to be in. Short of money, unable to keep current on the bills, deciding on who does and does not get paid, getting all my ducks in a row. Pretty much waking up every day and living a lie to all except a select few in the family. That's what's stessful. Have to wake up and keep that game face on.

The time is getting closer.
            The road to finally decide to file was rough and depressing. Yes, in a way it was a relief but in the meantime I worry about creditors coming after me. The idea of being sued seems very intimidating.

I hear you about putting on the game face. I mentioned to my lawyer the other day that I still feel a lot of guilt about what I'm doing. He responded by telling me (again) that I need to take advantage of the few laws/rights that are in place to protect me. I try to keep this in mind when my guilt gets the better of me.

Good luck to you! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

Comment

The road to finally decide to file was rough and depressing. Yes, in a way it was a relief but in the meantime I worry about creditors coming after me. The idea of being sued seems very intimidating.

I hear you about putting on the game face. I mentioned to my lawyer the other day that I still feel a lot of guilt about what I'm doing. He responded by telling me (again) that I need to take advantage of the few laws/rights that are in place to protect me. I try to keep this in mind when my guilt gets the better of me.

Good luck to you! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this.
              Your creditors want you to feel intimidated. Don't give them that privilege.

The US Constitution allows you to file bankruptcy. You are following the law and the wishes of our founding fathers by doing so.

It is much easier to get through this process if you take a positive attitude. Instead of wondering how many years it has taken off your life, wonder how many years have been ADDED to your life losing all this debt!

Hang in there!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Your creditors want you to feel intimidated. Don't give them that privilege.

The US Constitution allows you to file bankruptcy. You are following the law and the wishes of our founding fathers by doing so.

It is much easier to get through this process if you take a positive attitude. Instead of wondering how many years it has taken off your life, wonder how many years have been ADDED to your life losing all this debt!

Hang in there!
                You are so right about all of this!! Thanks for your kind words, I really needed to hear them.

Comment

They came and got everything, I left with a truck-load of belongings and my dogs. Sounds like "The Grapes of Wrath." I have a pre-paid cell phone that gets about 2 calls a day. I don't think anyone knows where I am. I have been on the run for about 2 years. No job yet, so no one can garnish (yet). I am pretty much untouchable at this point. Since I am still unemployed (1 year 7 months) I don't bring in enough money to get any wages. I made about 400 last month, gave the land lord 200. Strangely I am still not on food stamps. I still do not have the 1, 500 or so I need to file. If I had that kind of money the land lord would get it immedietly. He has been a marvelous protector. I really honor him. I have been advised by lawyers not to go BK until my life has turned around-- so I might be 4-5 years.

Comment

Six months behind on my two mortgages, two to three months behind on credit cards. It's amazing how quiet the phone got once we retained and attorney and filed.
                    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

5-6 months late on all CC's. 60 days late on both mortgages. Have attorney picked just holding out for about 2-3 more months while I save up some moving money and help my mom with some issues of her own, then I'm filing. Don't let it drag you down. Just get your post bk plan together so you speed up the road to a new, happy, debt free life you will enjoy.

Comment

We were up to date on all of our bills. I do the bill paying and dh was in denial of how serious the trouble we got ourselves into was getting. Once he lost his job, he finally agreed to go talk to a lawyer. We saw the layer about 2 weeks later. At that point, everything was still paid up to date. We filed a week later. I only got 2 collection calls, both from the same debtor (discover card), because everything happened so fast for us. We had an excellent atty who was able to get us filed and discharged under "change of circumstance" even though we were way over the means at the time of filing. So, to recap, we went from big debt and full time good income one day to big debt and a 75% pay cut that night to discharged less than 4 1/2 months later.
                        filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
                        341 meeting 6/4/09
                        DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X