Bank woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Bank woes

I bank with NFCU and my lawyer said stop making payments on my credit cards and loans. Well My bank has taken liberty of taking money out before I can pay on the stuff I want like my car and utilities, rent so forth. I am wondering since the paper work for my bankruptcy has not been filed yet because I still have to pay my lawyer if I should just open a new account at a different bank and then I will at least have control over my fiances. NFCU sucks already. I have been with them for 10 years and they have to be the least consistent bank ever.

Just really stressed. Can't contact my lawyer because his Blackberry is not picking up and I have emailed him several times. Any suggestions???

Yes, open another account with a neutral bank. Neutral = bank without any ties to your debt.

Close your NFCU account.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Oh Cool! Thanks! I wasn't sure if that would be considered fraud. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Remember, if you have not filed yet and you have not closed your NFCU account yet, download all your statements to your hard drive so you can provide them to the BK Trustee IF they ask for them. Go back a couple of years. Once you close the account OR file BK, you will no longer have access to your statements.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Credit Unions have the strongest cross collateral agreements of any banks. They can go into your account and take your money if you owe them for a credit card or a car loan etc....

Definitely open a new account somewhere else.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

It's not fraud, be sure to switch your direct deposit and probably just stop any auto payments against the account. Auto pays are the devil. :-)
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I think the paperwork is in.

I applied to San Diego County Credit Union and their response was... no thank you. No account for you. Then I was like ok; no account for me.

I have been so busy. And I have never done this before. Maybe my lawyer already filed something?

He said he finished up with the paperwork this week. So i basically voiced my concerns. I am just afraid they are going to gank my rent for the loan and lock me out of the account which I know they will do.

I have no other choice but to just wait and see and I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthMittens View Post
                I applied to San Diego County Credit Union and their response was... no thank you. No account for you. Then I was like ok; no account for me.

I have been so busy. And I have never done this before. Maybe my lawyer already filed something?

He said he finished up with the paperwork this week. So i basically voiced my concerns. I am just afraid they are going to gank my rent for the loan and lock me out of the account which I know they will do.

I have no other choice but to just wait and see and I guess.
                Often, small credit unions will do credit checks, so even if the bankruptcy is not filed yet, and you have any lates, etc, a small credit union will not open an account.

Try another local bank. (Not a big chain bank) You will be able to get an account somewhere else, especially with direct deposit.
                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

The Outcome

Well I got a new checking and savings to a new local bank. I'm closing my Navy Federal Credit Union accounts on Monday. Just checking to make sure that nothing else gets deposited there. I did have a problem where they paid a web transaction for my car. But they knew I was filing so now they supposedly paid my car payment, then said they didn't however I have proof that they did. they charged me 2 over draft fee's which fine I will pay because i don't care I am closing the accounts. But they also maid a payment to themselves for the same amount for my consumer loan which is in my CH7 filings. I probably should try to go to them and attempt to explain the situation. My lawyer filed last week. So all this nonsense should stop because all of it was in the filings but i am wondering if they are allowed to harass me for a mistake they made?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X