BK attorney in Tucson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK attorney in Tucson

I am moving to Tucson in a week and I am looking for a BK attorney. My current attorney told me that I cannot file in AZ until I have lived there for 90 days and I would like to use that time to interview lawyers. If you have any recommendations, please PM me. I am already struggling with this move and a little direction would help immensely. Thanks so much.

In this forum they cannot recommend one for you.
    Maybe by private message, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
      In this forum they cannot recommend one for you.
      Maybe by private message, I don't know.
      I guess I should have put my PM request in bold, so it really stood out. I thought we were allowed to ask for recommendations as long as it was done through private messages. Maybe I am wrong?

Comment

I did not note the PM, sorry.
        I think you can do it by PM but I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sazabelle View Post
          I guess I should have put my PM request in bold, so it really stood out. I thought we were allowed to ask for recommendations as long as it was done through private messages. Maybe I am wrong?
          Yes, you can request lawyer recommendations for a specific area by PM. Hope you get some helpful PMs!

If you don't, then you can get good lawyer leads by contacting the Arizona state bar and ask for several recommendations in your area.

Also see if any of the trustees in your local bk court take private Ch 7 cases - some do. Often they are excellent to hire because they know the ins and outs of the court intimately.

Last, if you don't know any lawyers in town yourself, ask friends and family "for a friend " if they know of any good lawyers in town. Even if the lawyer isn't a bk lawyer, due to the "old boys network" they all know who's really good in every local legal specialty. Give them a call - often they willl provide you with a lawyer recommendation or two if asked.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
            Yes, you can request lawyer recommendations for a specific area by PM. Hope you get some helpful PMs!

If you don't, then you can get good lawyer leads by contacting the Arizona state bar and ask for several recommendations in your area.

Also see if any of the trustees in your local bk court take private Ch 7 cases - some do. Often they are excellent to hire because they know the ins and outs of the court intimately.

Last, if you don't know any lawyers in town yourself, ask friends and family "for a friend " if they know of any good lawyers in town. Even if the lawyer isn't a bk lawyer, due to the "old boys network" they all know who's really good in every local legal specialty. Give them a call - often they willl provide you with a lawyer recommendation or two if asked.
            I hope I get some helpful PMs too, but no joy yet.

Thanks for providing these tips, as they are all excellent ways of finding lawyers. Hmm, why didn't I think of that? I'm usually pretty resourceful.

I do think it's somewhat strange that trustees can take on BK cases. It seems unethical - almost like double-dipping. Or do I have a weird take on this? I do see your point, though, that they would naturally have their finger on the pulse of the court. I wonder how many people in this forum have hired someone like that.

I only know a married couple in Tucson, but hopefully I will meet new people quickly and ask for referrals "for a friend" haha.

You reminded me of how I found my current lawyer. The legal community seems like it's a pretty close one, and I was referred to him through a different kind of attorney altogether. I like my current lawyer so much that I don't want to give him up! He says he will fly out to AZ to represent me for $2500 plus fees. HMMM! He knows his stuff and he treats me with respect. He takes the time to make sure I understand exactly what he is saying, he returns phone calls and emails, etc... I picked up my file from him today and he was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops lol (this is his 'office attire' when he doesn't have to go to court that day). He's a super cool laid back guy who told me not to hesitate to contact him if I need anything after I move.

Well, at least I have a Plan B if I need one. If I don't find an attorney in Arizona that I like, I can always let my current lawyer file for me and fly back to Ohio for my 341.

Comment

We are up the road from where you will be. Shop around. When we first looked we had a hard time finding anyone that would even return a call and many wanted $3500-$4500.
              I went to Cottonwood, a 40 minute drive for us to use an attorney there that did everything for just $1500.
              Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                We are up the road from where you will be. Shop around. When we first looked we had a hard time finding anyone that would even return a call and many wanted $3500-$4500.
                I went to Cottonwood, a 40 minute drive for us to use an attorney there that did everything for just $1500.
                Good luck to you!
                Wow....$4500 for BK? That's insane!! I'll have to do my best and see what I come up with and I guess I will look in areas outside of Tucson if I have to. I see how this could get frustrating.

If I pay my Ohio lawyer $600 to finish off my case plus a round trip plane ticket for myself, I'm still far ahead of the numbers you gave.

Thanks for the luck, I think I'll need it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X