Paying on childs credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying on childs credit card

Here is a question that I have been wondering about and need advice on. I have stopped charging and paying on my cc this month. I have a child that is in college and he has 2 credit cards. The reason for the credit cards was a way for him to pay for necessary expenses while he is away at school and I get the bill. Both cards are in his name only. However, since I do pay on them for him I usually pay online coming out of my bank account. These are true and absolute necessary expenses for him. Believe me I check his statements and nothing on them is ever questionable. I do allow him to go to the store and get personal items and snacks to keep in his dorm though. The balances are quite low (about $600.00 on one and $155.00) on another. How will this look to the courts when I have to show my expenses when I file? Can anyone please advise me on this?
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Originally posted by Ann View Post
    The balances are quite low (about $600.00 on one and $155.00) on another. How will this look to the courts when I have to show my expenses when I file? Can anyone please advise me on this?
    Just depends on whether the Trustee sees the withdrawals / payments on your bank statements, and decides to ask where that money is going. Paying on any unsecured debt could cause issues with the Trustee, but if these amounts are small, they may be overlooked.

Other than that, I don't see any real issue unless the Trustee sees it as something "interesting" or "significant" and decides to probe.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X