Mortgage holder did not recieve notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage holder did not recieve notice

Thanks to everyone for the help with previous posts I've made here. I recently found out that one of my mortgage holders did not recieve the bankruptcy notice from the court.I was alerted to this by my Experian credit watch which showed a court case or judgement against me.I called the lender and inquired why this ocurred and they said it is just because your in foreclosure.I stated that I had filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy on July 31st. Agent said they weren't aware of it and notice must have gotten lost in the mail.I gave her my case no. and she said they would look it up electronically.My 341 meeting is this coming Friday. My lawyer said nothing to worry about because lender is listed in my schedules. Any thoughts on this?

My mtg company claims to have not gotten notice either. I think right now the mortgage companies are so overwhelmed they dont know thier butts from a hole in the ground

Comment

Listen to your lawyer (in this case) if they are on the Matrix, they have been served. If you wish to be sure for yourself, write them a note with your numbers on is, green card it, and bring it to 341 in the event more goes on with this mortgage. You are fine. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yep, it's just that the paperwork is lost in the shuffle. My automobile lender told me that they were 90 days behind in processing bankruptcy notices! Yes, 90 days!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X