Question about the meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the meeting

I have a question for those that have actually already gone through the whole 341 meeting. I have read here that there are other people in the court room while your case is being heard. How strange was it to have others (and to actually hear theirs too) hear your case? I guess I'm just thinking with my luck I would probably see someone I know at my meeting. Am I way off here? I mean in all reality it is a possibility right? I know this is a strange question. Just wondered. Thanks for those who would like to share their experience.
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Originally posted by Ann View Post
    I have a question for those that have actually already gone through the whole 341 meeting. I have read here that there are other people in the court room while your case is being heard. How strange was it to have others (and to actually hear theirs too) hear your case?
    It's a Court. It's a public hearing or meeting. I didn't even care to hear others, or that they could hear me.

I guess I'm just thinking with my luck I would probably see someone I know at my meeting. Am I way off here?
    Odds are, you'll probably see someone you know, if you've been in the community a long time and are active in the community.

I mean in all reality it is a possibility right? I know this is a strange question. Just wondered. Thanks for those who would like to share their experience.
    It is what it is. You shouldn't worry about who knows or who doesn't know or who you'll run into. Bankruptcy is a perfectly legitimate business decision. It's in the Constitution.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Recently someone posted about their neighbor being in the same 341 meeting time. Lol! I understand you not wanting to run into anyone you know, but please keep in mind that IF you do, they are there for the exact same reason you are.

Try not to let it bother you too much, it is a small price to pay for the freedom of having this behind you in the long run.

I wish you the best.
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

My county has a court case look up where if you know the persons name you can look up several different types of cases, bankruptcy included. So if they really wanted to find out they will anyways so oh well if they are there I guess. At least like poster above said they are in the same situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X