No announcement yet.

Check This Out: Like Free PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned in my previous post, I applied for an invite code with some fake information and I got rejected (It looks like they use some sort of intelligent verification mechanism). But finally I was able to get an "invite code" for freecourtdockets.com and I ended up in finding about lot about them. My experience is given below. Overall what I learned was somewhat interesting and trust worthy.
    FreeCourtDockets.com is owned by Courtport.com which has been around for 3 years or so. They also own LegalDockets.com which has been around eight years and well known in the legal community. LegalDockets.com "Named as a Top Essential Web Site for Litigators by The Virtual Chase". Virtual Chase is owned now by Justia and both Justia and Virtual Chase's reputation in the legal industry is number one in the legal community.
    CourtPort.com, FreeCourtDockets.com and LegalDockets.com is basically run by two guys, Paul Bush and Gigi J K (I found this guy has 19 letters in this damn last name!!) and looking at their bios at [URL removed], "googling" and "LinkedIn" them, seemed like a few professionals and contributors to the legal community.
    At this point I decided to give them some partial " better and real" information to get an invite-code to save a few bucks. And I gone one instantly this time. I pulled down a docket from FreeCourtDockets.com and compared them against one from Pacer. The contents seemed to be identical, except they split the long one page docket from Pacer into multiple pages and in cover sheet attorney names and addresses are made into links that point to other websites such as Avvo.com and citydata.com etc. Advertisements everywhere.
    So far I am very appreciative of what they are doing not only to save a few bucks to the common people and also for coming with an alternative way to get access to docket without paying to the Govt where citizens should not have to pay to begin with in my opinion.
    Bye the way, what else we have to go thru now-a-days to save a few dollars..., I wonder.
    Last edited by HHM; 09-12-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BVeronica View Post
      As I mentioned in my previous post, I applied for an invite code with some fake information and I got rejected (It looks like they use some sort of intelligent verification mechanism). But finally I was able to get an "invite code" for freecourtdockets.com and I ended up in finding about lot about them. My experience is given below. Overall what I learned was somewhat interesting and trust worthy.
      FreeCourtDockets.com is owned by Courtport.com which has been around for 3 years or so. They also own LegalDockets.com which has been around eight years and well known in the legal community. LegalDockets.com "Named as a Top Essential Web Site for Litigators by The Virtual Chase". Virtual Chase is owned now by Justia and both Justia and Virtual Chase's reputation in the legal industry is number one in the legal community.
      CourtPort.com, FreeCourtDockets.com and LegalDockets.com is basically run by two guys, Paul Bush and Gigi J K (I found this guy has 19 letters in this damn last name!!) and looking at their bios at http://courtport.com/AboutUs.aspx, "googling" and "LinkedIn" them, seemed like a few professionals and contributors to the legal community.
      At this point I decided to give them some partial " better and real" information to get an invite-code to save a few bucks. And I gone one instantly this time. I pulled down a docket from FreeCourtDockets.com and compared them against one from Pacer. The contents seemed to be identical, except they split the long one page docket from Pacer into multiple pages and in cover sheet attorney names and addresses are made into links that point to other websites such as Avvo.com and citydata.com etc. Advertisements everywhere.
      So far I am very appreciative of what they are doing not only to save a few bucks to the common people and also for coming with an alternative way to get access to docket without paying to the Govt where citizens should not have to pay to begin with in my opinion.
      Bye the way, what else we have to go thru now-a-days to save a few dollars..., I wonder.
      LOL. always nice to see a shill. Don't worry, I won't ban you, yet

Comment

I would never join that "service", especially at the expense of filling my mailbox (the one in front of my home or the electronic one(s) that I access via my computer). I am a person who would rather pay to get something from the source, than to get a version from someone else that comes with attachments.

Everything comes with a cost. It's just where you want to pay it. I choose to pay the $0.08/page from a Government site.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          I would never join that "service", especially at the expense of filling my mailbox (the one in front of my home or the electronic one(s) that I access via my computer). I am a person who would rather pay to get something from the source, than to get a version from someone else that comes with attachments.

Everything comes with a cost. It's just where you want to pay it. I choose to pay the $0.08/page from a Government site.
          My main worry with it would be that they are selling info to someone else as people finder service... perhaps one of their own other products. I would put in fake info but if it verifies my identity then that defeats that idea. I also find the verification to be, well, a bit scary. Imagine Google verifying my identity before giving me an email address or a online newspaper doing the same prior to allowing me to read it. NO.

If their concern is people signing up for accounts to do automated requests then there are other ways to prevent that such as with captchas and limiting the amount of queries per day, as well as IP based restrictions.
          Last edited by debtprison; 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM.
          Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X