Software that uses the exact forms as a real Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Software that uses the exact forms as a real Chapter 7

Hello everyone Is there any software out there that has all the forms as a real Chapter 7.

I want to do like a trial run before i meet with my lawyer in the next couple weeks to make sure everything is accurate on my forms .

Thanks for any answers

BestCase

Comment

This company charges $29 to use their online BK preparation software. I haven't tried it but it could be useful for a "trial run" as you say. I don't know if I would trust it nor would I want to file without an attorney but for $29 it could be useful to learn your way around the forms.

Comment

You can get the forms from the Court website for free. There is always a website that gives you a free trial run called "Best Case Solutions".
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
          BestCase
          I have Best Case on my PC. I used it when I took Bankruptcy Law for my paralegal degree a couple of years ago. I found Best Case to be pretty confusing unless the user had some fairly detailed knowledge about Bankruptcy law to begin with.

The Verrant BK online software looks sort of like TurboTax to me, which I think is very user friendly. I could be wrong, as I said I haven't tried it, but it looks more user friendly to me than Best Case, which I have tried. You can download Best Case for free, you just can't print off a usable petition without paying, so it doesn't cost anything to check it out.

Comment

This is the program my atty uses, they have a demo download it looks like:

7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bshinyandnew View Post
              This company charges $29 to use their online BK preparation software. I haven't tried it but it could be useful for a "trial run" as you say. I don't know if I would trust it nor would I want to file without an attorney but for $29 it could be useful to learn your way around the forms.

http://verantbk.com/verrant/n_Order.asp
              I just want to say that they appear to now be $39.00 and they aren't as secure as they say they are. Once logged in, there appears to be no Internet security in place at all. No encrypted pages, nothing. I wouldn't ever give my financial data to anyone over an unencrypted connection.
              Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
              341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
              Last day for objections: 4/26/10
              Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

Prior to retaining a lawyer I downloaded BestCase to get of feel of possibility possibly filing Pro Se.

Fast forward to retaining a attorney and filing, all of the attorney's work was done on BestCase.
                Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
                Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X