Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Need advice too

Hi everyone,
    for 2 days I've been reading, but I'm not sure that it is clear for me - hence the question: What is my best option?
    Here is my case:
    I have been without work since December 2008. After exhausting my savings, in March 2009 I took the offer of a credit card company and in 2 transactions (those 0% interest check for a short period) I took 20K. This was in order to keep up with my mortgage payments, utilities and everyday need. I was hoping that I will get hired any day now, and will be able to:
    a) gradually pay back (I am computer programmer and when employed I make decent wages)
    b) refinance my condo, get 20K cash-out and pay everything.
    The only catch is that I have to be employed to do this. And I'm not.

Here is my credit/property/finances situation:
    Up to this moment I have always paid my credits with no late fees. Very good credit rating.
    Of the 20K mentioned above I have 1200 left. Nothing else.
    I own a condo bought 3 years ago for 342K, and currently worth 185K (approximately). I have equity of 150K and owe a mortgage of 187K to the bank.
    As of 2 days ago, I stopped paying the mortgage payments and am considering to halt my credit card payments also.
    I have a Honda Civic on lease ($207 monthly) which I can return explaining them that I have no money to pay anymore.
    I own nothing else of substance that may be a collateral.

I am considering the following options (please give advice):
    Option 1. Quit paying everything with the exception of the association fees ($319/mo.) and hang out keeping looking for a job.
    Option 2. Rent out the condo, to keep with the mortgage payments until market improves and I can sell it without loosing the 150K that I used as down-payment. Meanwhile, rake another 10K, while I still can, relocate to Europe (where I am originally from) and wait the storm out. No BK, just leave the credit card company to take it as a man.
    Option 3. Take out another 10K from the same company (I think, I still can - my good credit, you know), for living expenses, stop paying both, the mortgage and the credit card debt, consult with an attorney and eventually proceed with BK (while looking for a job, and hoping for the best).

Well this is it. If I missed something, I'll find out from your answers and will clarify it.

Please, any good ideas are greatly appreciated.
    P.S. BTW, I am 57 years old male, single (divorced) with no dependents.
    Last edited by LZGuy; 10-11-2009, 11:54 AM.

27 reads, and not one answer????
    C'mon guys, may be my situation is not tragic enough for this forum???
    I don't want to do (or not do) something, only to find out later that I was wrong/late!!

Comment

Originally posted by LZGuy View Post
      Hi everyone,
      for 2 days I've been reading, but I'm not sure that it is clear for me - hence the question: What is my best option?
      Here is my case:
      I have been without work since December 2008. After exhausting my savings, in March 2009 I took the offer of a credit card company and in 2 transactions (those 0% interest check for a short period) I took 20K. This was in order to keep up with my mortgage payments, utilities and everyday need. I was hoping that I will get hired any day now, and will be able to:
      a) gradually pay back (I am computer programmer and when employed I make decent wages) Now that trade is slow as there are many in that field.
      b) refinance my condo, get 20K cash-out and pay everything.
      The only catch is that I have to be employed to do this. And I'm not. So forget that one.

Here is my credit/property/finances situation:
      Up to this moment I have always paid my credits with no late fees. Very good credit rating. Been there too at 820 rating. Means nothing today.
      Of the 20K mentioned above I have 1200 left. Nothing else.
      I own a condo bought 3 years ago for 342K, and currently worth 185K (approximately). I have equity of 150K and owe a mortgage of 187K to the bank. You have no equity. You have a loss of 150K.
      As of 2 days ago, I stopped paying the mortgage payments and am considering to halt my credit card payments also. You need to.
      I have a Honda Civic on lease ($207 monthly) which I can return explaining them that I have no money to pay anymore. I hate leases on cars. You always lose. Purchase a good used. The market is flooded with them. Buy from and individual.
      I own nothing else of substance that may be a collateral.

I am considering the following options (please give advice):
      Option 1. Quit paying everything with the exception of the association fees ($319/mo.) and hang out keeping looking for a job. Why pay the association fees? Stop everything.
      Option 2. Rent out the condo, to keep with the mortgage payments until market improves and I can sell it without loosing the 150K that I used as down-payment. Fat chance. Meanwhile, rake another 10K, while I still can, relocate to Europe (where I am originally from) and wait the storm out. No BK, just leave the credit card company to take it as a man. No. this is larceny. You may end up with a warrant.
      Option 3. Take out another 10K from the same company (I think, I still can - my good credit, you know), for living expenses, stop paying both, the mortgage and the credit card debt, consult with an attorney and eventually proceed with BK (while looking for a job, and hoping for the best). NO, do not use this method as it is fraud. You are planning on stealing. Stop the cards now, you did not intend to stiff them, but now you are.

Well this is it. If I missed something, I'll find out from your answers and will clarify it.

Please, any good ideas are greatly appreciated.
      P.S. BTW, I am 57 years old male, single (divorced) with no dependents.
      I wish you well, but think this out clearly. You are not at this time. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks Angelina. I'll keep your advice in mind.

Comment

Hello. This is mickbali.
          I need advice in refinance of car. I want to refinance my car.
          raise your credit score

Comment

Hi.
            Would it be possible to re-finance? What is involved in re-financing? Any help would be much appreciated
            raise your credit score

Comment

Originally posted by mickbali123 View Post
              Hi.
              Would it be possible to re-finance? What is involved in re-financing? Any help would be much appreciated
              How would we know if you can re-fi or not? Contact a lender and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by mickbali123 View Post
                Hi.
                You are not eligible to refinance your car at this time.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ohiofiler View Post
                  you are not eligible to refinance your car at this time.
                  rofl!!
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

This is now an old thread. (Anything after yesterday, I can't remember. LOL) Our newbe should have opened a new thread with MUCH, MUCH, more info. Thanks OH and 'Whip. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X