top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it better to file under Obama or the next president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by percy View Post
    Personally even though it will be an illusion propped up with printed fiat money out of thin air, I DO SEE AN ECONOMIC RECOVERY on the horizon which will likely be followed by some sort of global economic meltdown over the next decade, that being said I think RIGHT NOW is the BEST time to file frankly because everyone else is, they may tighten the ropes a little if things pick up but right now it seems to be a free for all and likely wont affect your life as much since so many are doing it.

Of course there are many reasons to wait and I cant offer advice without knowing the situation. As for me, I am doing it now and moving on with my life.
    do you think bk filing will be less in 2-3 years? and thanks everyone for their comments

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
      ...so they spend all the money on that then say they need more tax money to improve the curriculum.
      There are bad apples in every barrel when human beings are involved. Doesn't mean that *all* schools do this.

Using this same flawed analysis, just because a very few drivers drive drunk, then none of us should be able to drive.

I have paid enough in school taxes to send 3 kids through private school... but I don't even have any kids!
      Why should you pay education taxes? Because if the children in our communities are not educated, society will fall apart. We need children to have what takes to function properly in society. It they don't get a decent education, they will not build useful things, they will not pay taxes to run the economy, and they may turn to crime because they cannot earn any other way. The same way everybody benefits from good roads, everybody also benefits from well-educated citizens.

Which do you think is the more cost effective method to handle education costs? To pay for the education students need up front in order to learn to function as productive members of society, or to pay for their incarceration years down the road because you didn't want to educate them? One way or the other, you'll pay.

Personally I'd rather pay my hard-earned dollars for education where they have a potential positive purpose rather than paying the $22,650/year ($62.05/day) average operating cost per State inmate teaching them how to be better criminals - and that was back in 2001 (source - http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/spe01.pdf ). Who knows how much more it is now.
      Last edited by lrprn; 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by Scream2Death View Post
        do you think bk filing will be less in 2-3 years? and thanks everyone for their comments
        Hard to say but my gut tells me yes, however, alot of people will still be trying to overcome the bad economy even as it gets better and will likely feel the need to go BK even as it does get better so they can enjoy the ride up more comfortably with a fresh start.

I think BK filing numbers are generally pretty consistent accross the board no matter when it is but certainly these last few years has been a big increase because of the credit crunch and banks going under. I wouldnt worry about it too much, if you qualify now you will certainly qualify then and no matter how many people are filing then really wont make a difference as to whether you are discharged or not, I just personally like to blend in to the crowd and right now the BK is rather large so a lot of people are going to have to really turn their heads on BK filers over the last several years because there are so many of us and I think it will have less effect overall on our lives on every level since the number of us are so high rather than filing in a time when a lot of people are not and sort of sticking out a little more.

I hope that makes sense, I am by no means an expert on these matters and others on here know much more than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
          There are bad apples in every barrel when human beings are involved. Doesn't mean that *all* schools do this.

Using this same flawed analysis, just because a very few drivers drive drunk, then none of us should be able to drive.

Why should you pay education taxes? Because if the children in our communities are not educated, society will fall apart. We need children to have what takes to function properly in society. It they don't get a decent education, they will not build useful things, they will not pay taxes to run the economy, and they may turn to crime because they cannot earn any other way. The same way everybody benefits from good roads, everybody also benefits from well-educated citizens.

Which do you think is the more cost effective method to handle education costs? To pay for the education students need up front in order to learn to function as productive members of society, or to pay for their incarceration years down the road because you didn't want to educate them? One way or the other, you'll pay.

Personally I'd rather pay my hard-earned dollars for education where they have a potential positive purpose rather than paying the $22,650/year ($62.05/day) average operating cost per State inmate teaching them how to be better criminals - and that was back in 2001 (source - http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/spe01.pdf ). Who knows how much more it is now.
          Lack of education does not create immorality or drug addiction which are what commonly land people in prison, educated or not. There are millions of uneducated or semi-educated people living in our country who never have committed a crime.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X