top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACER, do I really need to sign up for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER, do I really need to sign up for it?

Title says it all, do I really need to sign up for pacer?

No.

(Not unless you are a pro se filer.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      No.

(Not unless you are a pro se filer.)
      Nope, not a pro se....

Comment

Some people are... anxious/impatient... and a PACER-addiction can result.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I only signed on to it just to make sure my info was correct.
          Even though I had copies of everything from my lawyer I wanted to make sure just for my own peace of mind.
          It really is not much there, I can not see being an addict. Your lawyer would keep you up to date on things I hope and you will get letters from the court about dates, meetings, things you need to bring and supply if anything.
          Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
          Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
          341 Meeting 01/05/2009
          Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

As Flowers noted, PACER isn't over-the-top exciting. If you have a straight case and a memory, I doubt you need documentation that your 341 was completed. In my case, I'm waiting for my mortgage lender to file a Relief from the Automatic Stay so I can better gauge my foreclosure timeline.
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

If you do not sign up for it how do you know the BK is closed, does your lawyer tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
                If you do not sign up for it how do you know the BK is closed, does your lawyer tell you?
                Not just your attorney, but the Bankruptcy Court will send the Discharge and Injunction Order to your address on file.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Never logged in to pacer during the entire course of our BK and never felt out of the loop. No, you don't need pacer.
                    filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
                    341 meeting 6/4/09
                    DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X