Finding a good BK Atty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a good BK Atty

How does one go about finding a good BK atty in their community?

Not like one is going to go to their friends and family and ask. Not like friends and family are going to volunteer that information.

The only way I know of is to go through the phone book. That can't be much good.

Any ideas?

areck...the forum rules ask all newcomers to thoroughly search their questions on here before posting. This subject has been discussed heavily in this forum. To help you quickly I will tell you that the best thing for you to do is to call your State Bar Association and ask for BK attorney referrals for your area in the state in which you reside. Most give free initial consultations. That way you will get reputable referrals.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      areck...the forum rules ask all newcomers to thoroughly search their questions on here before posting. This subject has been discussed heavily in this forum. To help you quickly I will tell you that the best thing for you to do is to call your State Bar Association and ask for BK attorney referrals for your area in the state in which you reside. Most give free initial consultations. That way you will get reputable referrals.
      Here in SC they will only give a referral to one attorney and that attorney must collect $50 for the SC Bar Assoc. at the meeting. So if the attorney gives a free consult you will still be charged $50.
      ==================================
      Filed: 4-30-2010
      341 Complete: 6-16-2010
      Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by areck View Post
        How does one go about finding a good BK atty in their community?

Not like one is going to go to their friends and family and ask. Not like friends and family are going to volunteer that information.

The only way I know of is to go through the phone book. That can't be much good.

Any ideas?
        Try this link to search for a good attorney, select your state, then in the keyword, enter your city, then select the practice area "bankruptcy & creditor/debtor Rights:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X