X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Not Ask Questions Via Private Message

This is a reminder.

Please do not private message me, or any other moderator, admin, or other member with questions related to your personal circumstances (questions about the forum or issues with the forum are ok). The experience and insight available on this forum is for everyone. This forum only works when members share their experience and insights with everyone. All moderators already know to redirect any private message question back to the public areas of the forums.
    Last edited by HHM; 01-29-2010, 04:13 AM.

Very good reminder.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sorry in advance if I am guilty ... Didnt know that rule existed... Good to put out there so we are all aware of it...
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Perhaps you can put my "private message" to you out into the "public forum". I don't know how to do that. The "private message" option was indeed listed there, so I used it.
        Curious, also, how my "new thread" question about "Fiancial Recovery Services, Inc." got 58 hits, but no repllies at all. I think a lot of those hits are paranoid. I think they thought that I might indeed BE said collection agency, fishing for debtors email addresses. The real MEAT of BK stuff is the inside scoop as to whether or not this or that particular collection agency, credit card co., or whomever creditor, actually SUES in court.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjrosen View Post
          Perhaps you can put my "private message" to you out into the "public forum". I don't know how to do that. The "private message" option was indeed listed there, so I used it.
          Curious, also, how my "new thread" question about "Fiancial Recovery Services, Inc." got 58 hits, but no repllies at all. I think a lot of those hits are paranoid. I think they thought that I might indeed BE said collection agency, fishing for debtors email addresses. The real MEAT of BK stuff is the inside scoop as to whether or not this or that particular collection agency, credit card co., or whomever creditor, actually SUES in court.
          No more like some people don't care to respond.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

what is the purpose of the private message option then? most language typically involves questions, I would just delete the option off the page.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
              what is the purpose of the private message option then? most language typically involves questions, I would just delete the option off the page.
              NO, NO, NO, that is what is meant. HHM means, general questions that can help others is why BKF is here. Info as to recommendations on lacal lawyers, or perhaps personal gripes with an individual or a private recommendation or request is different.

Moderators are readers and posters as well. But they have other duties, not mentioned here.

There are times when a person wishes to share a personal problem that they do not wish to have it in Public view. A PM is then appropriate. A personal request for a personal problem that is a common issue (there is nothing new under the sun) should be shared. Don't misunderstand HHM's intent. Just use the PM properly. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Actually quite right. We are all here to help one another and I think that it must be quite annoying as an admin or a moderator to always have your inbox full with questions from users that do not want to post their questions in one of those hundred threads though it is quite helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                  This is a reminder.

Please do not private message me, or any other moderator, admin, or other member with questions. The experience and insight available on this forum is for everyone. This forum only works when members share their experience and insights with everyone. All moderators already know to redirect any private message question back to the public areas of the forums.
                  I apologize, I did this when I was new here, because I didn't know we were free to start a new thread whenever. So I spent a long time searching the threads and not being able to find my answer, then finally gave up and PM'd someone I figured would know, HHM, 'cuz I didn't know it was ok to just start a new thread!
                  I'm not a lawyer, but here's a link to my favorite bankruptycy law blog: http://www.bankruptcyorlando.com/

Comment

Also, one reason I prefer people to start a thread instead of PM'ing me questions is that I am not a lawyer, nor very experienced with bankruptcy, so any thoughts I have about anybody's situation should be publicly vetted in case I'm just plain wrong.

Comment

new here just had a quick question not sure where to post...on docket entry while waiting for discharge what does this mean - Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment ( without deduction the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge ) : $0.00 thank-you

Comment

Originally posted by fairway1922 View Post
                        new here just had a quick question not sure where to post...on docket entry while waiting for discharge what does this mean - Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment ( without deduction the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge ) : $0.00 thank-you
                        You should post this in Chapter 7 "before the discharge". Anyway, I think it means you're a no-asset case and there are no claims. So there's nothing to not be paid.
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

heh. I wish I could block a certain moderator from PMing me, but I guess that isn't going to happen. I don't mind it so much when the newbies do it, simply because they are newbies. But some people who should know better, after you have asked them not to, just become annoying. I am perfectly capable of finding threads to respond to and questions to address and determining my own capacity to do so without a nudge "in that direction" from a moderator.

Comment

Apologies..didn't realize and knew my question/message was too long for posting on your visitor message board. I messaged you this morning, so like I said.. sorry.

Comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X