top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Counseling Certificate, what does it look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a site that I can complete quickly and download or have emailed. Don't mind putting in time on computer. Need fairly quickly.

Time flies and it seemed like just yesterday I needed this. I did one on-line but have to print out form and mail with money order to get certificate.

Originally posted by hindsight View Post
    Credit Counseling Certificate, ... looking for a site that I can complete quickly and download or have emailed. Don't mind putting in time on computer. Need fairly quickly.
    First you need to ensure that the credit counseling agency you use is approved by your state. You can find that out here - http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...c_approved.htm

Next you need to find one on the approved list that allows you to complete the course online and be able to print out the certificate in short order. If you go to the course agency's website, you can usually figure this out. Good luck!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

As LRPRN states it must be legit. It (in our case) kinda looks like a certificate of thanks. Kinda a form you could make in PowerPoint. It is the backing that counts, not what it looks like. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It is your Diploma Of Debt.

no kidding, ours looks just like one. It even has a little seal, as though we are being congratulated for this mess.

I am considering hanging it in my office along with all of my other special certifications and degrees.

Wonder if anyone would notice?

Hehe
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

From what I recall, it looked like a computer print-out, nothing fancy, and my lawyer automatically got a copy for legal purposes since it was counseling was required.
          Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
          Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
          341 Meeting 01/05/2009
          Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X