Confused by Credit Card debt "charging off" and what happens next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Confused by Credit Card debt "charging off" and what happens next

I've nearly 30k in unsecured credit card debt. I haven't charged anything on any card since late winter and on most cards, nothing since January. I canceled all of them by March, other than one with Discover and one with Citizens, both that were put on plans.

My three Chase accounts have "charged off" and the Discover and Citizens cards are near that point.

Chase, Discover and Citizens are all telling me once the cards charge off, I cannot include them if I file Chapter 7. In all three cases of Chase cards, I now have various people calling me demanding money, saying Chase/Discover/Citizens hired them to secure the debt.

I'm really confused about this situation. Are they just bulls****ing me to scare the crap out of me? What would be the point of my filing Chapter 7 if none of my debt could be included?

Just because the debts are "charged off" doesn't mean the calls stop. It's worse. They call every day, they call my family and they do not stop.

I've tried every avenue to find job employment so that I could get back on my feet and come to a settlement, but it hasn't happened. Even though Chase basically offered to settle everything with me for 35% of the debt, I just didn't have the money to take the offers. It was heartbreaking being given an offer like that with no way of saying yes.

Hopefully someone here can lend me a hand in understanding all of this.

Who told you they can't be included? If it's the creditors, duh. They are trying to get money. In any case they can be included. It's still DEBT.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

They all told me that. Every one of them, which was why I asked because how could they all tell the same lie, right? Well I guess they do and hope that some people will believe them. Now I know.

Comment

What a bunch of liars!
        Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
        Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
        341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I wonder how many people believed them and never filed.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X