Income to high for chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Income to high for chapter 7?

I'm trying to get my file reviewed one more time before I file. Income limit where I live is $5046 for a family of 2 incomes with one (me) filing. They say that my/our average income is $169.00 over that limit. I'm at a loss because we are in the red each month. Anyone know how to deal with this? If I go with the 13 I know that I will be back in a few months because of no income.
    I have new income (self employed)for Dec/Jan that will pay just the bills now until April. I have nothing lined up past that. If I wait until July and review my income again I'm sure it will not be a problem for a chapter 7. They have my full payment for the 7 now. Problem is if they still say no to the seven now will how bad will it get if I don't pay my CC's for another 6 months.
    Anything will help. Going crazy reading so much.

Are you filing pro se (without an attorney), or do you have an attorney.

What is your gross household income?
    What state are you in?
    What are your major expenses?
    Do have any extraordinary expenses (higher then usual medical, high mortgage, etc)?

Comment

I have one. I live in Nevada and was told the income limit is $5037 and my average for the last six months is $169.00 over that. My mortgage is $1473.56 and when I add up everything I/we pay each month (not my debt) its a break even. I did the means test online and it said I passed. I don't know, maybe I did it wrong? I'm going to try and go over my file and see if they missed something that I can use.

Comment

If you are that close, you should be able to find something.

Comment

Just took the means test for the 3rd time. Each time I tried to change things around. Everytime it says my income may be over the nevada limit but my DMI is under $110 and that means I pass the test. I really need to get back in the office and redo my paperwork, they have to have something wrong. They want me to do a chapter 13 and try for $255 a month for 5 years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X