Is it going to be ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Is it going to be ok?

Okay, I need some advice. I'm waiting to hear back from attorney as to my means test. Said I didn't pass by $169 a month and wants to do a chapter 13. My wife is not going to file and has a set income. I'm self employed and my income is hit and miss plus I watch my son during the day and try and work at night. I think I can do the payments but you never know. I'm thinking that if they still say I can't go 7 then I should get the 13 going to stop the calls and then is 6 months check back on the 7. This has keep me up the last 2 nights. I feel lost and don't know what to do. I know this is all my fault and I must fix it, I just don't know how.

In 6 months check back on the 7? Huh? You said your income is 'hit or miss'....did you total all your pay and then divide it by 6??

Oh wait....I got it now! Your lawyer is pushing the 13 to basically get you filed now and get you under the 'stay'....the reason for the 6 months is to basically (how do I word this?) override your wife's stock option money...in other words....in 6 months, that won't look like income anymore...and you'll be able to qualify for the 7......

Did I get it guys? Do I get a scooby snack??

Comment

I thinking that if I don't pass the test now then maybe in six months my income will pass the test and I can change to a chapter 7. I don't know how this all works so I'm just going by things I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by BKman View Post
        I thinking that if I don't pass the test now then maybe in six months my income will pass the test and I can change to a chapter 7. I don't know how this all works so I'm just going by things I have read.

Your lawyer is probably looking at doing that in March or April I would guess??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X