No announcement yet.

Average time before CC sue you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Average time before CC sue you?

Just a question about time. I know every company is different but I was just wondering how much time I have. Two months behind on payments and so far AMEX is the only one that sent me to collections.

This one has been discussed to death......

The best thing to do is to get a crystal ball out and see what it says. It's as accurate as anything.

You might try this too:

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

For what it's worth bkman I spoke with an attorney yesterday who is also very aggressive in pursuing collectors for collection violations and he told me the average length of time is usually about 90 days give or take a few weeks.
      Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
      341 June 1st, 2010
      Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
      Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        This one has been discussed to death......

The best thing to do is to get a crystal ball out and see what it says. It's as accurate as anything.

You might try this too:

http://www.bkforum.com/search.php
        I always go with the Magic Eight Ball.

Magic Eight Ball
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
          For what it's worth bkman I spoke with an attorney yesterday who is also very aggressive in pursuing collectors for collection violations and he told me the average length of time is usually about 90 days give or take a few weeks.
          In most situations this would be absurd. I've never heard of someone being sued at 90 days late.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Oh whoops! My bad. I was kind of vague. What he specifically said is that aggressive collectors will sometimes sue as soon as 90 days after the account has been sent to collections. Then added that accounts usually get sent to collections after being around 90 days late.

This was an initial consultation over the phone and he did say that he is one of the very few attorneys in our state who aggressively goes after these collectors. Apparently he has some experience dealing with some pretty aggressive collection agencies.
            341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
              Oh whoops! My bad. I was kind of vague. What he specifically said is that aggressive collectors will sometimes sue as soon as 90 days after the account has been sent to collections. Then added that accounts usually get sent to collections after being around 90 days late.

This was an initial consultation over the phone and he did say that he is one of the very few attorneys in our state who aggressively goes after these collectors. Apparently he has some experience dealing with some pretty aggressive collection agencies.
              He's just trying to sell you something.
              So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
              Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
              Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
              And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

Yea, I agree with the dude trying to sell you something. With the economy, I think that's a very conservative estimate, meaning I think it's much longer generally.

The aberrations seem to be when someone is sued after 90days or something. If you go into the archives for collections, that might help. Recently, I was very surprised with the post that someone made about Discover serving him after that 90 days. There are many people who have gone here for years.

From what a lot of people have said here, I think it depends on a lot of factors, including whether they believe that they can actually recover the money since they have to spend a good amount.

This is the time to get your plan together because you have the time. Don't wait until the last minute. There are a lot of great people here to assist

Comment

The attorney did actually sound like he was very much looking forward to any collection issues we may come up against in the next few months. He suggested that once my accounts go to collections that I record each and every phone call and voice mail, save every piece of mail we receive in regards to our debts. He is all about consumer protection, and sounded so gung-ho, it was actually a little endearing. He was very passionate about it all.

As far as being sued goes I take the matter rather seriously but also refuse to let myself be overwhelmed by something that may not happen. My personal stance on all of this is to be realistic ( it most probably will not happen) but also not to let my guard down so much so that I'm caught completely off guard if a suit does get filed.
                  341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X