No announcement yet.

Anyone have problems with US bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Anyone have problems with US bank?

Anyone have a problem with US bank when you filed? I have/had a reserve line on my checking. They removed the auto pay and closed the account when they got a heads up to my BK. It's a joint account so if I went chapter 7 I was going to reaffirm so they don't go after my wife. I heard that under chapter 13 they cant go after her. Did they take your money or close your account?

Perhaps I am wrong, but I understood US Banks reserve line to be a type of "overdraft protection". If this was true, I can understand why they would cancel it.

The BK indicates you are insolvent, and they are just not giving that "credit" to you any longer.

But like I said, this is simply my understanding of it. I could very well be wrong.

I wish you the best.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Yes, the OD protection is a loan unless you have it linked to a saving accounts.

Comment

Just checking, not savings. As I understand it if I go with a 13 they can do nothing to my wife, but if I go 7 then they can go after her and I would have to reaffirm. I was told by their BK dept that they can't just remove money from the checking and as long as the accounts are positive they will stay open.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X