Community state discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Community state discharge

I just wanted to know how it went when/if you were discharged if you filed alone? Chapter 13 or chapter 7. I have my creditcards and 1 joint account. One attorney says wife is covered another says she may be at risk. How did it work for you? I read older posts and still dont have a real answer

I have read over and over online about this. I know that if we stay maried and living together we should be ok. What if we move to a non community state?
    Last edited by BKman; 12-16-2009, 09:36 AM.

Okay just found some more areas that talk about the bankruptcy law for community states and one files. From what I can tell some of the posts are right and some are wrong. It says that all of the community property is put in the bankruptcy. When dischared from a chapter 13 or chapter 7 the debts of the person that filed and the community debts are discharged and they can not go after the non-filing person as long as you stay married and live together. The only time they may be able to go after the person that didn't file is if that person has assets before you got married. If they had none then all the community debt ie "your debt" is dismissed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X