Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Maryland - bank statements?

Hello!
    I'm new here and about to send off my paperwork for Ch 7.
    Being quite OCD, I want to have everything ready before I file, plus my internet access is limited. Does anyone know how many months of bank statements Maryland court asks for, so I can download them when I can? I would be filing in Greenbelt.
    Thank you in advance for your help

(oh, and in case it matters, I would be a total no asset case - unemployed, for all effective purposes, homeless, and I have $52 to my name (yes, asking for filing fee waiver and doing the BK myself - I used one of the online preparers for the paperwork; $150 for that plus $25 for credit counseling certificate was a 'xmas gift' from my sister). I have an upside down mortgage that's foreclosing (no equity in a home - actually, negative equity of about $120k - and I no longer live in the home), and everything that could have been sold has been sold over the last 2 years to try and stay afloat. No household goods, nothing - a bag of clothes, and a 3 year old laptop is all I have... and an unsecured debt that grew from about $80k to over $200k from 2 years of non-payment - job loss, medical issues, robbing Peter to pay Paul... I'm sure most of you know the classic sad story.
    Last edited by bohogirl; 12-27-2009, 05:18 PM.

I am filing a 13 in Md, my atty requested the last three months bank statements and the last 6 months pay stubs.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

I am also in MD. My atty did not include any bank statements with the filing. However Official Form 7, United States Bankruptcy Court District of Maryland 19 d. says
        List all financial institutions, creditors, and other parties, including mercantile and trade agencies, to whom a financial statement was issued within the two years immediately preceding the commencement of the case by the debtor.
        The most important statement(s) to have are the ones that show your balance on day of filing. I could be wrong, but I don't think any others are required. You might want to get 6-12 months worth though to be safe.

My atty told me that the trustees have "all kinds of power" to get all the banks statements they need anyway.

Comment

Thanks!
          I figured trustees were pretty much omnipotent anyways and what I give them or not give them doesn't really matter
          (except if they dismiss me for not providing what they asked for)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X