6 month look-back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month look-back

im filing bk 7, but new wife isnt... this is her last week at work, due to a back operation.. i was going to wait 6 months before filing, so her income wont be an issue.. lawyer says it doesnt matter and i should go ahead and file.. is this the way it works? its not the way ive been reading it on this forum..my pension was over the median income, but with the wife as a dependent im not..
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

If you know that you will be out of work for a long period of time due to medical reasons, it's okay. Otherwise, the Trustee will be asking "so, when is she going back to work". With the obvious and documented back surgery, I don't think you'll have that issue. You can claim the "special circumstances" because it's medically related!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X