top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can creditors see if im purshasing items with cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can creditors see if im purshasing items with cash?

I'm about to file chapter 7 and was wondering about the use of cash to purchase items where I used to purchase the items with a credit card. When I purchase with cash at the store, they ask for my phone number or name and so forth which i assume is for marketing, but since I purchased lots of items there with a credit card that I am filing bankruptcy with, can they get information from the store on what I have purchased with cash since I give the store my phone number and name?

Thanks!

Not that I know of. Usually, the marketing purposes are for that specific store, a "family" of stores, and/or their vendors. I usually give them the phone number and address to the White House.

Besides, your creditors should be happy you're not running up their cards.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, I was just wondering since I had to sell my house and live with my grandparent in which I pay her cash for rent (All my cards have been transferred to collections) I am just wondering if I could get accused of fraud, since I have been given cash occasionally to purchase Items for my hobby at this store I used to only use a credit card thats likely to have their lawyers at the creditors meeting. In short, I am wondering if they will look at my purchases at this store since I used their card there lots and then inquire the store about anything a ive bought with cash that doesn't show up on the assets I own?

Comment

I think you're way overthinking it. Creditors hardly ever show up at the 341 Meeting (usually just Credit Unions and small banks, if that, and usually for cars). Also, it is not worth it for them to fight as a complaint, which they'd have to file an Adversarial Proceeding, would cost them at least $4K. Then they'd have to prove "fraud". So, it's not worth it.

Stop thinking.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

your're right I am way overthinking it.....Just hope my lawyer is good and can guide me correctlly. This sucks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X