top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help...new body... mad, and hating myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I am anxious I use my credit cards...

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    You stop paying when you decide you are going to file bankruptcy with the exception that you used the card to make luxury purchases.

during the hollidays and midle of january, I made the mistake spending around 2-3k on my discover and usaa. I spent at the mall; holidays was hard to hide those cards from myself!

so do you think that I need to wait around 2 or 3 months before stop paying my discover and my usaa credit card?

if I stop the rest of my cards am I gonna be ok; I have never miss a payment.

but things got out of control.

how long can I wait until file bankrupcy and not paying the credit cards; and how soon the collectors will start calling my friends and my employer?

some other cards I haven't use for around 2 months(last time I use was at ross) do I need to pay few more months or doesn't really matter?

how long time do I have without paying cards and saving some money; for the storm that is going to come(BK) ?

I need details I am sorry... I AM VERY NERVOUS!

when I am anxious I use my credit cards; I think it's a type of self destruction in the moment of desesparation.

what about my checking account I have my checking account with a local columbia state bank in Tacoma WA. Do I have to be careful about the way spend my money from my checking card account. they will keep I on that too when I file for bk?

Comment

Originally posted by seamoonil View Post
      when I am anxious I use my credit cards; I think it's a type of self destruction in the moment of desesparation.
      I think a restatement of tigergems excellent list of steps is required, with one addition and some reordering:

"Step one. BREATHE. Nobody is coming after you. EXHALE. "

Step two. TEAR UP ALL OF YOUR CREDIT CARDS. Don't even save one for emergencies.

Step three. "Stop paying your credit cards. Period. Do not call them. Do not write them letters. "

Step four. "Go get a cheeseburger and chocolate shake and get some sleep "

Step five. "Find a good attorney and tell him everything. He will also tell you where to take your pre-bk counseling. "

Step six. "Stop worrying about your car insurance. It might go up or it might not, but it isn't likely to go up that much."

You will get different opinions about whether to wait to stop making payments for a certain amount of time after the last charge. The best advice to follow is your attorney's (see step five).
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks LITR. Yeah. I was going to say. Go right now to the drawer and get scissors and cut the cards in little pieces. Do not stop to do anything else on your way to get the scissors. Do not stop until ALL CARDS are shredded in the trash.

Then you can come back and finish reading the rest of this post.

Your creditors are going to start calling you as soon as you are late on your payments. It's ok. That is normal. You do not have to talk to them. Just hang up. Get an attorney and let your attorney handle the calls.

At the risk of stepping in it, I'm going to go ahead and tell you, if you think you have a compulsive spending addiction, you might want to check out debtorsanonymous.org. Debtors Anonymous is a twelve step fellowship for debtors trying to recover from compulsive debt.

I have NO CLUE if they have a worthwhile program or not. I have no affiliation with the web site or the organization and do not know anybody who has ever used their services. But if you are saying that you solve your anxiety by spending, then I think that MAYBE you need some kind of support beyond the type of help that is normally provided on this forum. Of course we will all still be here to help you through your bankruptcy process.

Bankruptcy is not "the storm" you need to fear. "The storm" is deciding to file and then taking the steps necessary to prepare for filing. Bankruptcy brings relief from worry and harassment.

Comment

what about auto pay?
          if cancel the auto pay of the credit cards,
          do I still have to find a new checking account?
          Because I believe, even after cancel the auto pay, they still have my checking account from my local columbia state bank account.

Thank you!

Comment

Well, depending upon how soon you plan to file, you might want to take some steps to protect your income, like maybe having it direct deposited to a debit pay card or cashing your pay check at wal-mart. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
              Well, depending upon how soon you plan to file, you might want to take some steps to protect your income, like maybe having it direct deposited to a debit pay card or cashing your pay check at wal-mart. Something like that.
              do they do that?

if I cancel the auto pay; they still getting in my account and take the money?

let's say: If I stop paying now, and I want wait 3-4 months before file bk to save up some money. will they take the money from my checking or savings from local columbia state bank?

thanks!!!

Comment

No, if you cancel the auto pay the payments stop unless they eventually seek a judgment against you and levy your bank account. That probably won't happen if you file bankruptcy pretty soon, but it never hurts to protect yourself.

Comment

ok,

I have about $35000 in credit card debt:

citi(2k), Boa(7k), usbank(11k), discorver(4k), macy's(700), target(400), chase(2k), wamu(500), USAA(8k). GE(800)

I am paying around 1k min. payment never miss a payment.

my income: $19000 per year.

I make thru the month with a part time job and student loans.(but now cc rates are getting out of my controll) It is killling me, eating my soul and I start to have stomach pains.

I misrepresented all my cc applications. I have always put the $70,000 year income. Became a fun game to me. I didn't believe that they would give money away like that with no prof of income.

wamu, I havent use for over 2 months, boa for over 3 months, usbank nothing more than $10 a month for the last 3 months, chase for over 2 months, target for over 2 months, citi for over 2 months, discover I increased my balance 2k in the last 2 months for the hollidays, macys use on hollidays; usaa I am using for food, gas... I do have my car insurance with usaa($110) also.

I do have my car payment $280 per month that I would like to keep it.

My personal bank is local columbia state bank. none of those big banks.

I cannot live like that anymore it's eating bones.

I am thinking stoping paying those credit cards due next week; with big balances that I haven't use for over 2 months: BoA, Usbank, citi.

If I stop paying 3 cards, that would effect my other credit rates and car insurance amount per month?

I would defenely love to file for bk and run away from my mess.

I hate myself.....

any advice?

Ok! this above is my thread that I wrote almost a month ago(it didn't change much;...

So I would like to ask few things to you guys?

My girlfriend was getting her masters and her teaching certificate in the past 2 years(she got her first teaching job 6 months ago). So I support us with my credit cards(we live together).

So, after she got her degree and she start making around 4k a month;

she tooke over the bills to help me to pay my credit cards. So, she is paying the rent and the utilities.

Our cell phones verizon, cable and internet(comcast) is on my name; but she is paying me around $300(cash) a mounth for that;

So on my bank statement is showing that I am paying the phone, cable, internet.(but she is giving me the cash for that.)

My only bills are some credit cards that I didn't stop paying yet, my car payment, gas and car insurance.

since I am planning filing bankrupcy around july;

I am keeping the money at home. I have around $1200 in cash at home.

And sometimes I use this cash also for something here and something there. Can this money be used for anything until I file? I keep reciepts of nothing.

When the trustee look on my statement what they are looking for?

how can I open this to my lawyer and trustee?

Comment

Am I gonna ever be able to sleep again?...

What to do?

Comment

The only thing I can speak to is your USAA auto insurance. We have USAA and they did not drop us or increase our rates.

They won't ever finance us again for anything, though. They are quick learners. ;)
                      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

What to do?

Talk to bankruptcy attorney. Personally, I would look for a NACBA attorney. You can find one for yourself on the NACBA website.

www.nacba.org/attorneyfinder/

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X