Steal 500K. Walk away free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steal 500K. Walk away free.

In the following case (which has been going on for five years) the 9th circuit just upheld a sentence of probation for committing 500K in bankruptcy fraud.

So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
    Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
    Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
    And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Geez....The guy sounds like my ex. Especially the part where his allocution sounded so convincingly sincere to the judge. Mark my words, he'll do it again. Maybe under a different identity, if he has to. But these types of con artists and sociopaths can't stop themselves. And where there's a will, there's a way.

Comment

I don't think actual jail time is required in every type of crime. That the 9th Circuit chose to use probation rather than jail time, is probably just commensurate with the state of the Penal System, and not of the crime itself.

For this specific case, I think that the person deserved to spend some quality time in "the big house" because he is a recidivist if you ask me.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The 9th Circus strikes again.

A con man with a clear history of conning dopes cons a district court judge and the Circus concurs.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X