USAA... am I gonna lose it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question USAA... am I gonna lose it?

the balance on my USAA credit card is around 7K.

and I also have my car and some type of belongs insurance both are $110 monthly. USAA takes the payment atomaticly from my local bank checking acount.

I also have saving($10) and checking($15) with USAA, and never use.

what are the consequencies with my usaa membership if I stop paying my USAA credit card?

should I start look for another car insurance?

or should I not be worried, stoping paying my credit card there's nothing to do with my car insurance?

The last payment I made to our USAA cc was in Aug (balance is about $17,000).
    We also have our car insurance with them and it hasn't been affected at all. They automatically renewed the policy again this month for another 6 months.

I expected to lose online access by now, but so far I can still log in.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
      The last payment I made to our USAA cc was in Aug (balance is about $17,000).
      We also have our car insurance with them and it hasn't been affected at all. They automatically renewed the policy again this month for another 6 months.

I expected to lose online access by now, but so far I can still log in.
      I still using my usaa credit card very often until last weekend; basically groceries(lots of food) and ross clothing store.

I am too anxious and I eat too much.

So, how long do you think I need to wait before stoping making the payments since the last charge? Is it really 90 days?

and before you stoped making the payments on your usaa cc, did you call them or is not important at all?

since you are not paying for your credit card; how do you make the car

insurance payment? what's the safest way to make the payment without

taking the risk of them taking your money without your athorization?

they take my car insurance payment athomaticly from my local banking checking account.

any advices?

Thank you so much!

Comment

No, I did not call USAA to let them know I wasn't going to pay any more. And I haven't answered any of their calls or talked to them about the cc.
        The last time I used the card was Dec 08. I did have a few cash advances in that year (about $2000 total). Then, I did one cash advance of $500 in Mar of 2009 - this is why I made payments until Aug 2009.

My car insurance is deducted out of my checking account at a different bank.
        USAA has never taken any money of that checking account. The minimum payment due on the credit card is about $1800 at this point.

You (and I should have already done this) can set up bill pay through your non USAA checking account.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
          No, I did not call USAA to let them know I wasn't going to pay any more. And I haven't answered any of their calls or talked to them about the cc.
          The last time I used the card was Dec 08. I did have a few cash advances in that year (about $2000 total). Then, I did one cash advance of $500 in Mar of 2009 - this is why I made payments until Aug 2009.

My car insurance is deducted out of my checking account at a different bank.
          USAA has never taken any money of that checking account. The minimum payment due on the credit card is about $1800 at this point.

You (and I should have already done this) can set up bill pay through your non USAA checking account.
          That's how I pay my USAA cc also; my car insurance is deducte out of my checking account from a local columbia state bank in tacoma wa.

I haven't done cash advance; but I use my usaa cc during the last hollidays at mall around $700 and food and pharmacy; and I stop using last week.

do you think that I need to wait few mounths before stop paying my usaa cc?

Comment

OP, I have been reading your posts. I am concerned about you and your filing BK.

Didn't you say on another thread that you are using student loans to pay your living expenses? Do you have a job? Many full time students also have jobs.

Filing BK is not a substitute for income. It gets rid of debt only. If you are using your cards to buy food and basic living expenses then you need to evaluate your souces of income. Building up student loan debt to pay your basic living expenses is a treacherous path. The debt is non dischargeable and can quickly balloon out of control.

BK might be part of your plan, but without a source of income (other than loans) you will complicate your situation greatly. JMO.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
              OP, I have been reading your posts. I am concerned about you and your filing BK.

Didn't you say on another thread that you are using student loans to pay your living expenses? Do you have a job? Many full time students also have jobs.

Filing BK is not a substitute for income. It gets rid of debt only. If you are using your cards to buy food and basic living expenses then you need to evaluate your souces of income. Building up student loan debt to pay your basic living expenses is a treacherous path. The debt is non dischargeable and can quickly balloon out of control.

BK might be part of your plan, but without a source of income (other than loans) you will complicate your situation greatly. JMO.
              I do use my student loans to pay living expenses. And I work part time making around $1000 a month at my partime job.

with federal loans and grants I can pay the rest of my expenses.

the reason of credit card debts: irresponsibility. luxurious buying, not for nessecity, but now I am suffering for my bad behaviour.

shame on me !!!!!

Comment

Using student loans to pay for living expenses is WAY WORSE than using credit cards.

You need to get your spending habits under control and find a different way to make ends meet.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                  Using student loans to pay for living expenses is WAY WORSE than using credit cards.

You need to get your spending habits under control and find a different way to make ends meet.
                  when you say is way worse; it's because what you are seeing what could happen over time

or because that can be a problem on bk process?

thanks!!!

Comment

Both.

You can not discharge the debt AND the interest continues to accumulate over time. It really is the worst of both worlds.
                    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by seamoonil View Post
                      when you say is way worse; it's because what you are seeing what could happen over time

or because that can be a problem on bk process?

thanks!!!
                      You do realize that NON DISCHARGABLE means you will owe that debt regardless of filing BK.
                      Just curious, what are you going to school for?
                      Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                      341 March 18
                      Discharged...May 18
                      Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                        You do realize that NON DISCHARGABLE means you will owe that debt regardless of filing BK.
                        Just curious, what are you going to school for?

Psych and Ed.

Comment

Your question was are you going to lose your USAA credit card or car insurance? if you mean credit card yes. You will lose it. If you mean car insurance with the same company, problably not but if it were me, I'd switch insurance BEFORE I filed. And Im sorry, I got to say as a tax payer, quit using grants for school for living expenses! That is wrong
                          Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                          341 March 18
                          Discharged...May 18
                          Awaiting closing...

Comment

I don't think it is wrong to use grant money for living expenses. I mean if that is allowed within the parameters of the grant.

Where seamoonil is going to run into trouble is using student loans for living expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                              Your question was are you going to lose your USAA credit card or car insurance? if you mean credit card yes. You will lose it. If you mean car insurance with the same company, problably not but if it were me, I'd switch insurance BEFORE I filed. And Im sorry, I got to say as a tax payer, quit using grants for school for living expenses! That is wrong
                              the grants it pays my class; so almost all the time I get nothing left...
                              so, I basicly use the federal loans.

I was asking if I would lose the car insurance. If you were me you would switch car insurance before file; why?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X